Friday, January 4, 2008

Yummy Yummy In Ava's Tummy


I decided that it would be fun to feed Ava rice cereal for the first time on Christmas morning. Unfortunately it didn't go as well as I had planned. She was not too sure about what was going on, however, by the end she was loving it and it has been a success ever since. I have now started feeding her rice cereal in the morning and baby food at night. She is loving sweet potatoes and I just started feeding her peas, which she is not too sure about, but we will keep working on it. The picture with me in it is totally embarrassing, but I loved Ava's expression. It is like she is saying, "Mom, give me a break, you don't have to pull those goofy faces at me to get me to eat this stuff." I have also found it funny that it is impossible to put the spoon to Ava's mouth without opening your own mouth. I wonder if we will ever grow out of that one. Overall, it has been a fun experience, but a little more time-consuming having to feed her food and then a bottle on top of it. It just makes her seem even more like a little girl now though.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

How fun! I can't wait to start experiencing all these firsts with our baby!! hehe :) She is getting so freaking big. I can't believe she is already six months old! Time flies!

Hess Family said...

It is so true about you opening your mouth while you are feeding them. I busted up laughing when I read that. I don't think you ever get over that!