Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley



I have struggled today as I have tried to sit down and gather my thoughts. I guess it was inevitable, and really, if I am being honest with myself, after watching the October's General Conference, I had a feeling he wouldn't be around much longer, but it still doesn't make his passing any easier. I have such mixed feelings about President Hinckley's passing. He lived such a full, long life and I can't think of anyone better prepared to leave this life. I can't help but think of how happy the reunion between him and his wife must have been. For completely selfish reasons, I am very sad because President Hinckley holds such a dear place in my heart, being the prophet that I grew up listening to and loving. I will miss his counsel, his sincerity, and his compassion. He was an amazing example of how to stand up for what you believe in while treating everyone with the upmost love and respect. His example will continue to be a lasting influence in my life. It is comforting to know that our church is being left in the hands of worthy and righteous men who will continue the legacy of our beloved Prophet.

2 comments:

THE CROMAR FAMILY said...

I couldn't have said it any better...

Hess Family said...

I totally agree. My heart just dropped when I found out. What a special man he was and how lucky are we to of had him as our living prophet today. He will live on in our hearts forever! The church is still in good hands though. But he will definitely be missed!!!