Monday, January 21, 2008

A New Year, A New Me


This year I have made a real attempt of making New Year Resolutions and actually attempting to work on them. One of my resolutions is to actually get 100% ready every day. I have always said I would never become one of the moms who never gets ready during the day, however I was finding that more and more often I would not get all the way ready.
One of my least favorite things to do is to blowdry my hair. It would take me anywhere from 20-30 minutes to blowdry. So I got in the habit of showering and then letting my hair air dry, which would mean that I would very rarely return to finish doing my hair.
Well, I am pleased to say that since I have made this resolution, I have been able to accomplish it almost every day because of my new blow dryer I got for Christmas. I had no idea how much I would appreciate this little gift. I can now blow dry my hair in around five minutes! It has opened up a whole new world for me. Now I can get completely ready in 45 minutes and I feel so much better throughout the rest of the day and for some reason, I actually get a lot more accomplished throughout the day as well.
It feels great to be back on track!

7 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I wish I could say I get ready everyday. I halfway get ready everyday. But, I am not going to make this a resolution until POSSIBLY next year. haha :) Good work lady!

Nadine said...

oh man...i have no problem being one of those moms who doesn't get ready during the day. as long as i don't have anything i have to leave the house for (which is about 2 days a week) i take full advantage of using the time it would have taken me to get ready for something that i really want/need to get done. but, props to you for beautifying yourself everyday.

Anonymous said...

MAybe this is what I need!

The Grantham Family said...

Way to go! Who knew...a blow dryer would be your favorite gift! Next year Josh will have to get you da' bomb chi straightner!

Charise said...

It is amazing what a good blow dryer can do huh! I got a nice one last year for my birthday from a friend and it makes all the difference in the world!

Lesley said...

Good for you! It is amazing what good hair "stuff" does to your self-esteem and looks!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I'm turning into one of those Moms too! I've only been working from home for a month and I'm in my Pajamas till noon each day! So, you have inspired me to get ready ALL THE WAY today! Thanks woman!