Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Stats Are In...


Today I took Ava to her six month dr. appointment. I was so nervous because our schedule got off this morning so she was ready for a nap when we got to the dr. office. Well, she was such a good little girl. She was so happy until she got her shots and then she tried so hard to be sad, but her little cry just wasn't cutting it and she was fine seconds later. The doctor said Ava is doing great and for the most part is right where she should be developmentally. Now for the stats:
Weight: 16 lbs. 7 oz. (60th percentile)
Height: 26 1/2 inches (75th percentile)
Head Circumference 44 3/4 cm
which is...
95th percentile!
It just keeps growing!
I just keep telling myself that she must be one little smarty pants to have so many brains that she needs such a big head to hold them all!
Now we are home and she has actually had a really emotional day today. Getting shots has never seemed to be a problem for her before, but today, I can tell she is having a rough time. Maybe it was the flu shot? She hasn't wanted to eat very much and has just had this sad little whimper of a cry all day. It breaks my heart. I also love it though because it gives me an excuse to just cuddle with her and love on her all day.
These pictures are actually a couple of weeks old, but I thought they were so cute because she looks so tiny in our big bed.

11 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Don't feel bad about the head...:) My cousin, who's 15 months is in the 100th percentile for head circ. In fact, the doc said it was more like 120th percentile but they had to draw the line somewhere. Poor girl...

Jess said...

Wow! She sure is growing! I think Ava weighs more than Tally..but not by much! And yes, bigger head = bigger brains:)

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate the shots? Ugh! It kills me! I have to turn my head each time. Hey, be glad you don't have a little boy! One word: Circumcision! Seriously, the hardest thing i've ever had to sit through!

Nadine said...

she does look so tiny in that huge bed. cute scrap page.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Dang that girl is cute! You are getting better and better at your digital scrapbooking. I just might have to take it up once this little thing inside of me is born.

Lesley said...

Ellie had a big head too and she is a genius! Does every mom think that about their kids?

About Me said...

Ellie just got her shots on Monday and its taken her a few days to recover and start eating again. Good Luck!

amber buhrley said...

so cute! You are definitely lucky to have such a great kid! i am sure it is also a reflection of the awesome parents she has!

WhiteEyebrows said...

I really think you need to be more concerned about Ava's head size. I mean, she might grow up with everyone telling her she has a huge head. They'll be changing the lines from So I Married an Axe Murderer to her all her life! WE must fix this NOW!

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

I can always count on my cuz' to lift me up when I am feeling a little down. Thanks for being there for me!

Mindy Neal said...

I need you to teach me how you did that page. It is sooo cute. It is so good to see you and your cute family on your blog. Cami has been telling me how cute Ava was and she is a cutie. I need the web site you got that off.