Tuesday, March 25, 2008
I was so excited to show Ava her Easter Basket. It was filled with bubbles, a pair of shoes, a couple of stuffed bunnies, and a pinwheel that she loved. Honestly though, I think she was more interested in the basket itself.
Ava's little yellow Easter dress looked so pretty on her and what a steal for only $8.00 at Wal-mart. She loves to look at the pretty dresses we put on her each Sunday. She grabs the hem and just stares at it, and her Easter dress was no exception. It was so wrinkled by the time we got around to taking pictures because she was so fascinated with it.
Easter Sunday felt really special this year. It may sound strange, but I think that being able to play Easter Bunny this year really helped me focus on the significance of the day. It just reiterated that it was a special day rather than just any other Sunday. I look forward for years to come when we can take the time to teach Ava about how important the true meaning of Easter is. It was so rewarding to teach our little Primary class on Sunday because these little 7 year olds really understand that Easter Sunday is more about our Savior than the Easter Bunny. I hope I am able to instill that into Ava as she gets older.
Monday, March 24, 2008
We had an amazing Easter weekend. I know Ava is still young, but just having her made the holiday so much more fun (I'd had her Easter basket ready for two weeks) . Saturday, we were so excited to go to the Grantham Family's Annual Easter Egg Hunt. They had these cute little yellow bunny ears and glasses that Ava was loving...or maybe it was just the adults that were loving how cute she was.
Ava was too little to participate in the Easter Egg Hunt ( can't wait until next year) so she just chilled back in a lawn chair and watched. Unfortunately, I lost all of my pictures from that day which included the ones of her in the lawn chair, luckily Lindsay caught one, but I haven't got it from her yet. When I do I will post it. Anyway, it made Saturday a lot of fun and we loved getting together with our fun friends from the neighborhood. We really do feel lucky to have such wonderful neighbors, but even better friends.
Keep on the look out for Ava's First Easter...Part 2 (Easter Sunday and Ava' Easter dress and basket).
Monday, March 17, 2008
Isn't she the cutest little leprechaun? If you think I am a bad mom for putting that hat on Ava, then you are going to think I am really awful when I tell you that she is feeling a little under the weather and I did it anyway. She woke up with a little runny nose and is a little more mellow than usual. We are having a pretty low key day today in hopes that she will get feeling better sooner rather than later. The weather looks a little chilly so we will be staying in, except for maybe a little grocery shopping. Hope everyone has a great St. Patty's Day. Anyone doing anything fun?
Monday, March 10, 2008
Friday, March 7, 2008
Can you believe it?! 8 Months Old! I was looking at her yesterday, realizing that it has been eight months since we had her, and while it feels like we have had her forever, I also couldn't believe how much she has changed. She is no longer the little baby we brought home from the hospital, she is turning into a spunky little girl who loves to play, talk, and interact. She is more of a little girl than she is a baby. We couldn't have asked for more. She is the best baby and I don't know how we were so lucky to have been given such a sweet, well-mannered baby. I only hope she continues to be the sweetheart that she is. I am beginning to notice a bit of a wild side in her like when I put her in her highchair and she proceeds to throw all of her toys on to the floor. We might have a little trouble maker on our hands once she decides to start moving a little more.
Here's to hoping that Josh is feeling up to Red Robin tonight. So far I have been pretty lucky in convincing him to go there on Ava's "birthdays".
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Ten years ago...
I was 14 years old, just started my first actual job. I was the take-out girl at a restaurant in Logan called Kate's Kitchen. I worked there as a waitress until I moved to St. George for college. At 14, I was kind of akward and not totally comfortable in my own skin, I had just had both of my top canine teeth pulled because they were still baby teeth. A week later I had gotten braces with an expander in the roof of my mouth which made it difficult to talk and also caused a very large gap in between my two front teeth (big enough to fit a straw through with out it having to flatten. I was definitely a looker, but boy was I boy crazy!
5 things on my to do list...
2. Return tables to Grantham's and Cromar's that I borrowed a week ago to host Bunco (sorry guys)
3. Finish putting together two birthday gifts
4. Deliver cookies for visiting teaching that I was supposed to have done on Friday.
5. Go to a rockin' birthday bash tonight! So pumped!
5 snacks I enjoy...
1. oranges (I probably eat one every day)
2. Peanut butter m&m's
3. 98% fat free microwave popcorn mini packs (practically guilt free)
4. Oreo Cakesters: chocolate cookie chocolate filling (don't waste your time with the ones with white filling, they don't even compare)
5. Ritz crackers
5 places I have lived...
1. San Jose, CA
2. Logan, UT
3. North Logan, UT
4. St. George, UT
5. Meridian, ID
What would I do if I suddenly became a billionaire...
I think the questions should be what wouldn't I do.
I would take care of my family and close friends (so you better start sucking up). Travel, shop, invest, donate to charity, open a Cafe Rio in Boise, hire a personal chef, trainer and stylist, and I guess while I am at it I will throw in a little world peace with a side of cure for cancer.
5 jobs I have had...
1. Kate's Kitchen (waitress)
2. Play it Clean Video (basically just watched videos and did homework for $7.00 an hour)
3. Don Jose Mexican Restaurant (waitress)
4. Elementary teacher (3-5 grade)
5. Mom/blog stalker
5 things you don't know about me...
I hate this part, I'm pretty ordinary.
1. I love to organize. My most favorite birthday gift I have ever received was a label maker that gets used very often. I love rubbermaid containers, file folders, and color-coordinating my closet.
2. At 24 years old, I am beginning to get gray hair. It happened while I was pregnant with Ava. I am very sad about this because I don't want to have to keep up on the dye jobs, it's still not too bad right now, but I am just afraid of what having more children will do to it.
3. I have a huge scar (about 8 inches long) on my right hip where I fell on a broken glass mirror and fileted myself open. I was only 5 or 6 years old, but I still remember vividly what it looked like all cut open.
4. I have just started training for a half-marathon. I will be running one in May and again in July. I have always enjoyed running, but have never set a goal with it. Thanks to my great running partner, Emily, for inviting me to do it and encouraging me to push myself. I am very excited to accomplish this goal!
5. I love school! I can't get enough of it and have been really sad that I no longer go to school (I think that is why I loved being a teacher so much). I am anxiously awaiting the day I can go back and start working on my master's degree and someday teaching again. I would also love to take some fun classes like a photography class, cake decorating, calligraphy, etc. I love learning new things, I love school supplies, I love text books, taking notes, and studying. I guess you could call me a nerd.
I tag Cami, Krista, and Brook