Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ava's First Swim

One of the things I have been looking most forward to since having Ava has been taking her swimming for the first time. The weather has been so weird here, that last weekend was the first chance we got to go to our neighborhood pool. It was so much fun, minus the really....really...really bad sunburns that both Josh and I ended up with. I really only thought we would be there for a little bit and I had a little farmers tan that I was anxious to get rid of, well 2 hours later we left the pool, burnt to a crisp. Wonder what that farmers tan is going to end up looking like after the peeling that is bound to happen? If anyone is wondering I was smart enough to lather Ava up and she is doing just fine.
Ava was a little apprehensive at first, but Josh eased her in real slow and she loved floating around in her little tube. I loved watching her little feet float behind her. Everything was going great until we decided to dunk her. She didn't love it and after that she could never completely pull herself back together. Ava has cowlicks all over her head and her hair never lies down, I love the two bottom pictures because her hair is totally slicked back...supermodel style.
I got out of the pool with her and we sat in chairs for a little while. There were quite a few people at the pool that day and she was totally content to just sit and watch all of the fun.
I put her back in the kiddie pool on the step for a little while to cool off again and she was totally into it. She didn't really want to play in the water, she just wanted to sit and watch everything going on around her.

We plan on taking her back just as soon as our sunburns heal a little. I hope as she gets used to the water a little more she will begin to be more playful, otherwise, it was everything I was hoping it would be!

4 comments:

The Grantham Family said...

Ava looks adorable in her little bathing beauty swimsuit! Good call on dunking a one year old JOSH!!!!

About Me said...

Ellie is also a water child, she is getting quite brave near water which is a little worrisome! How do you get Ava to keep on the hat, though??

Brittany said...

She's so cute...beautiful little water baby!

Lesley said...

She is so cute!