Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Night of Memories and Goodbyes

This is the Buhrley Family.
They are our across-the-street neighbors and really good friends.
They just moved to California so Matt, who was a dentist, could go to Endodontic School.
Matt will be in school for two years, after which they will need to decide where to move to.
What do you do when you want to convince them to move back to Boise....
...you throw Amber a surprise going away party...
A Surprise 80's Prom Night!

Here we are with our Prom Queen


This is Amber showing up at my house. Look how cute she looks ready for a night out with the girls.

Sorry Amber, your outfit and hair just aren't cutting it. Come on in and let us help you out.


There we go that's better!

Let's Go!

We met at a delicious Italian restaurant downtown called Asiago's. Everyone looked amazing! Only thing missing... corsages.
We quickly took care of that and then had an incredible dinner.
We gifted everyone with party favors consisting of candy jewelry, jelly bracelets, hottie whistles, and other 80's keepsakes.
After dinner we went out front to wait for our ride that would be driving us around for a Farewell Tour de Boise!
...What other than a white stretch limo, driven by...

...Rod Steward himself!

This was Amber's reaction, followed by a potty word!

PRICELESS!


We had so much fun riding around, blasting 80's music and dancing our hearts out!

So much fun, in fact, that we decided to get out and share our 80's grooves and moves with all the diners eating on the patios of a restaurant packed street.

A Few of our husbands were floating the Boise River that night as a going away party for Matt. We wanted to go greet them as they floated in. We missed them by only minutes and instead took the opportunity to shoot some head shots or album covers of each of us. While our trusty driver stood waiting by the limo. What a guy. Amber even came up with a great jingle for Rod's new commercials.

"Get out of my dreams, and into Rod's Car"An hour and a half later (Rod loved us so much he gave us an extra half hour), we were on our way to the Prom After Party.

We got a hotel room and partied the night away. We laughed until we peed our pants and acted way too crazy. At one point a few of the prom nighters were accused of being a little tipsy.

So crazy, in fact, that these sexy white stirrup pants made a little appearance, as well as a one piece black stretchy leotard-esque outfit that I do not at this point have permission to post.

We had an amazing evening and I don't know anything that could have topped it. If this doesn't convince the Buhrley's to move back, I don't know what will.

Amber,

All I can say is, if Prom Night was great, just think what the Homecoming Dance could be!

Looks like you'll never know unless you come back to me.

8 comments:

The Grantham Family said...

WOW! What an amazing read. I loved the storyboard theme with pictures and words! You never cease to amaze me....Thanks for putting that night together! ps. LOVE the picture of the stretchy pants!!

*Aliese* said...

Oh my word, what a fantabulous idea! I always think there are never enough themed parties once we become adults. GO YOU!! Totally jealous. I may just have to steal this idea.

Julie Freeman said...

No way!!!! I swear I do not know any of you! If I thought I did, I was wrong. What are you doing in your head shot!?! :) I was dying laughing. You guys are too funny.

Mindy Neal said...

That looks like you guys had a blast. What a creative idea.

About Me said...

I didn't think you could outdo yourself after formal night @ Arrowhead, but looks like you did!! Love the outfits!!

Mindi said...

you have some of the GREATEST parties!!! i wanna be you!! those white stirrups were the bomb, but i love the fact that you got a limo and all dressed for success.

yay girls!

Christy said...

Okay, I am amber's sister and saw her post, which explained NOTHING about this night, we only got a picture. I thought I'd browse around to see who these friends are in her picture and yours was first. Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard I almost can't breathe. That is the funniest thing I have ever seen. You guys rock! Seriously. I am so seriously amazed. this will keep me laughing for awhile. :)

Brittany said...

You did great putting that together, it looked so fun! I especially love the picture of you on the bridge, at the water... awesome! Seems like you have such a great group of friends up there.