Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oops, I Did It Again...

Emily and I ran our second half marathon this past Saturday! Let me just tell you that all the stars aligned and the heavens opened that day because it couldn't have gone better. The weather was perfect, the coarse was great, I couldn't imagine a better partner, it was so much fun! We were actually really worried and had no expectations for this race because our training had been so scattered with each of us being out of town so much. But as we started running and it felt so great, I decided that I really wanted to beat our first time, and Emily was totally on board. I actually really enjoyed the run up until mile 11 and then we decided it was time to turn the i-pods on. Ashley Simpson (lame, I know) and Outkast ( I was totally shakin' it like a polariod picture.) carried me the last two miles and I truly experienced "the runners high". I felt amazing and I literally got chills, and good chills not the "I'm totally exhausted and going to throw up chills" that I had towards the end of our previous race. I could barely contain my emotions. I have the best running partner in the world, Emily, who I can't speak highly enough of. She is one of the most contagiously positive people I have ever known and I just love her. We did it too! We beat our time by a good six minutes. I honestly don't know what our final time was because we didn't have timing chips and they haven't posted times on-line, but we know we ran it in around 2 hours and 24 minutes. It renewed my faith in why I love to run and I am looking forward to running again in October and maybe knocking a few more minutes off our time.
Sadly, this is the only picture I have, none of me crossing the finish line because Ava started throwing up just minutes before I ran in and Josh had to take her to the truck to change her. She ended up not feeling well all weekend, but I think she is finally on the mend.
So, I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I can do this, anyone can. Back in March when we started on this journey, I never in a million years thought I would actually make it to running my first half marathon, let alone a second and still be left wanting more! If only there were more Emily's to go around. Sorry folks, she's one of a kind, and she's taken!

11 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Yay! That's awesome; I'm kinda jealous. I've always wanted to be a runner but my knees don't hold up too well.

Hess Family said...

Well Linds you continue to amaze me! Good for you though. I am definitely impressed! Your little Ava just gets cuter and cuter. The stuff you did for her birthday was so cute! I wish we lived a little closer so we could see you guys or that we had someone to visit in Boise like we did St. George!

Mindi said...

impressive time.

no, not anybody can do it, cuz i'm pretty sure i couldn't

great job!

krista said...

Congrats again, especially on beating your time! I wish i could have joined you guys, I was sad that I was out of town. So we'll see about October. Thanks for getting me motivated to get my butt in gear and start training!

Lesley said...

Good for you! I love that feeling.

Brian and Emily said...

Maybe I will forget this mom thing and go into personal training! Do you think I'd get hired? What a great day and great memory!

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

Wow that is awesome and sort of motivating. I don't ahve a emily but maybe just maybe I will run one sometime,

Kirsten Brockner said...

Way to go! congrats.

About Me said...

Congrats!!I felt the same way when I started, not that I am ready for a half yet, but I signed up for one in Oct. Congrats again and hope that Ava is back to feeling better!

Pam said...

Congrats! that's awesome, all of you runners amaze me!

Brittany said...

Linds, I am so proud of you... Will you email me your training schedule and what you are doing to continue to train? Your amazing! Keep up the good work ;-)