Thursday, July 17, 2008

Busy Busy Busy!

We have had an incredibly busy past few weeks. I have barely had a chance to sit down and when I do, I am asleep within five minutes, which lets face it... isn't that unusual for me. I decided that I just didn't have enough going on and added one more thing to my list... cake decorating. I have started taking a cake decorating class at Michael's Crafts. I am loving it! For those of you who know me, you know that I love learning and I miss my days in the classroom, both as a student and a teacher, but I just don't have the time to commit to going back to school right now. So, cake decorating class is going to have to do. It is just one night a week for a couple of hours. The course is only four weeks long, but there are four courses total and I am planning on taking every one. Best part... they are actually pretty inexpensive.

Last week I worked on my very first cake, still pretty amateur, but I figure practice makes perfect, so I will just keep working at it. I actually preferred the cake without the writing, but I had to complete the assignment. I still have a lot of work to do when it comes to the lettering, not my forte.

Anyone wanna sign up? I would love to take course two with someone if anyone is interested.


8 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I love it! I'm pretty jealous. There are random little skills like that which I would love to learn...

Mindi said...

love it.


do you deliver to st. george?

Lesley said...

So cute!

Brian and Emily said...

Now everyone's going to want to do it! I'm definitly going to find out if they have a non Tuesday night class. It's so fun to learn a new skill. (especially when you are so good at it!) It looks awesome Lindsie!

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

You don't look very amateur! Your cake looks great. I used to work at Robert's Crafts, and I always wanted to take a class. My mother-in-law does wedding cakes, and she said she'd teach me. Maybe someday...

Kirsten Brockner said...

I want to take with you. I used to that kind of stuff before kids. sound fun!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Looks awesome lady! I'm very impressed! I TiVoed that show Ace of Cakes, but I haven't watched it yet. I'll let you know if I like it! Nathan will need a bday cake tomorrow, so get going!

Kristin Wilkerson said...

Cute Cake Lindsey, I left a message in your last post. Ha, sorry about it hiding my profile so you can check out our blogs. I fixed it but it's Kristin Maughan. Your family is adorable. Your little girl is so cute.