Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Our Lovely SLC Weekend...


This past weekend we finally went on the weekend getaway that I had been wanting to go on for quite a while. We had been planning it for almost a month and were so excited to head to Salt Lake for the weekend to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square and enjoy a little time together. Well, it just so happened that Josh's sister Tammy was blessing her adorable son, Donovan, that same weekend and we couldn't have been more pleased to have it fall all on the same weekend. Friday night we headed up to Park City to be treated to the most incredible meal I have ever eaten. My brother, Derek, is a chef at a really nice restaurant named Ghidotti's. He unfortunately had to work that night but was able to spend a quite a bit of time with us anyway. I felt like I was living a fantasy that night. The restaurant was absolutely beautiful and we felt incredibly underdressed. Derek had reserved a quite booth in the back for us that was so nice. We told him that we didn't want to order for ourselves, but that we wanted him to decide our menu for the evening. 8 courses later we left stuffed and happy. I tried things that I never would have imagined I would have. I had raw sashimi tuna that was so good and scallops that were probably my favorite course of the evening, any of you who know me know that I hate seafood, so this was really surprising. We the best homemade foccacia bread with the best oil and balsamic vinegar. We had three amazing appetizers, two incredible pork entrees one with gnocchio and the other with an incredible pasta with homemade noodles. Honestly I cannot even begin to do justice to this meal. If you want to check out the menu you can go to http://www.ghidottis.com/ . It was so nice to see Derek in his element, and he is such an amazing and talented chef and I could really tell that he has a passion for what he is doing. It was so fun to listen to him explain each dish. The words he was using went way over my head, but it was fun to listen to anyway.

The next morning, we met my sister, Kelcie, and her husband, Kevin, for breakfast at our favorite, the Little America Coffee Shop. We have been going there since we were little kids and we always order the same thing. It was nice to sit and talk to them for a little while and I am so excited for her and my mom to come visit in a couple of weeks. Josh will die when he finds out I posted the picture of him holding up the penguine, sorry honey, but I had to get it. Those are the same kid's menus they have been using since we were little kids. The hotel was so nice and decorated so beautifully for Christmas. It was so nice to be able to spend a little time with my brother and sister who I don't get to see very often. The rest of the day was spent shopping and enjoying the winter wonderland we were in. It snowed so much while we were there and we loved every minute of it. Unfortunately, the evening took a major nose dive. After struggling to find a place to eat that did have a ridiculous wait, we ended up at Market Street Grill and what was supposed to be a half hour wait turned into way longer and by the time we were done, Josh's sister called to say Temple Square were going to be turning off the lights in 10 minutes, or so we thought. Thinking that we had missed the lights, we headed back to our hotel very dissapointed, this was something that we both really wanted to do and the original reason for planning this trip in the first place. I was so upset that we weren't able to see them. When we got back to our hotel we found out that Josh's sister was mistaken and that the lights were on until ten instead of nine. By this time it was after ten...

Sunday, we went to the blessing which was absolutely beautiful. Eme our brother-in-law did an amazing job. Baby Donovan is one and a half months old and, as you can see in the pictures, about the same size as our almost 5 month old Ava. I love the picture of Josh and Jared because Josh is bending his knees and Jared is on his tip toes. My favorite picture is definitely the middle one on the bottom. That is Josh and Jared with their 16 year old nephew Jake. Okay, Josh is not short, 6 foot 3 inches, and Jake is even taller. It was nice to see the Leausa family, the kids are growing up so fast and we don't visit them as often as we should. After the blessing we grabbed a bite at the Golden Corral and then headed back to the hotel to pack up and go home. We arrived home completely exhausted from the weekend and feeling like we need a vacation. Hopefully a trip to see the lights is a little more successful next year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: