Monday, December 17, 2007

A Great Weekend!




This past weekend was such a great weekend. My sister, Kelcie, organized a trip up here to Boise. We were actually successful in convincing my mom to come up too. So we had a little mother daughter weekend. They got up here Friday afternoon. We went out for a really really bad dinner at Cheesecake Factory and then did a little shopping. Josh was nice enough to stay home and watch Ava and Kelcie's new pupppy, Loucie. She is the cutest little thing I have ever seen and so so tiny.

Saturday we had a very early morning. Our ward had a Breakfast with Santa so we were up, showered, and at the church by 8:15 a.m. Ava was so good and kept a happy face on until we were able to get a picture with her and Santa, then she passed out while Grandma was holding her. We did a little shopping later in the day at Costco and Kohl's and then came home and watched the movie Hairspray, then we went to dinner at Red Robin. I got to tell you, I just love that restaurant. We came home and watched the Notebook, my mom had never seen it. It is such a great movie.

Sunday, my mom and Kelcie ended up going home to beat the storm that was supposed to come in and never did, I was pretty sad. They were supposed to leave today. Sunday evening, we headed over to our friends, The Grantham's, house to have a little cake and icecream to celebrate Lindsay's birthday and then both Ava and I called it a night pretty early.

We had such a great weekend. Thanks mom and Kelcie for coming up and making this Christmas season a little nicer. I tend to miss my family a lot around this time of year and it is strange to think that we are all not together for Christmas, but I guess that is life.

5 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

How fun that your sis and mom could make it up! I for sure need to figure a time to come up before I have my baby. Maybe in the spring! That would be awesome. Do you think it is worth the drive to save the money or better to fly?

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

If you book early enough tickets can be fairly inexpensive. The drive is 9 hours but I think it goes by quickly. I guess it is just preference. I really enjoy popping in a book on tape and driving, but then it is only a little over an hour flight from Las Vegas to Boise so that is nice too.

Nadine said...

sounds like a lot of fun. i haven't been to red robin in years. makes me pretty hungry. then again, i'm always hungry.

The Grantham Family said...

Okay fun times with the girls! I have to say that Kelcie's dog is pretty cute....that is saying a lot coming from me!

Anonymous said...

Thank you , thank you, thank you for your Christmas card! I loved it! Little Ava is getting so big! Merry Christmas cutie!