Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Big Ol' Cup Filled with Hoiday Cheer!





Any of you who know me know that I LOVE holidays, especially Christmas. I love making the most out of every holiday. So I thought I would post pictures of my festive cheer. I love to decorate for the holidays, so it was a good thing we moved into a bigger home last year, because I love to buy Christmas decor and now have plenty of space to put it. We bought a new tree last year and I was finally able to buy and make new ornaments for it this year. I am not completely loving it, but I figure there is always next year to make it better. I am pretty proud of the snowflake ornaments I made and think they turned out pretty great. It gets me excited to make more for next year.

My most favorite tradition from my childhood is when my mom would get the Christmas books out. They were only out at Christmas and I loved reading them everyday. Being a teacher, I have quite the collection of Christmas books, including some from my childhood. I was so excited to get them out this year and have already been reading them to Ava, which may sound silly, but she sits right by me and loves to look at the pictures. It is one of many traditions I am very excited to start with my own children.

Sadly, I still do not have outside lights this year, but I made Josh promise that next year we can get them. Instead I have two small trees on either side of my front door, that offer a little Christmas cheer for those driving by. I am so glad that the Christmas season is in full swing. I have been filling my home with Christmas music and Christmas scents. My favorites: Josh Groban Noel, The Forgotten Carols and for scents I am loving the Twisted Peppermint and the Winter oils from Bath and Body Works.

I hope everyone is enjoying the season and making the most of it!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I just have to say that your house is decorated so cute. I love it! Also, your piano is pretty gorgeous as well; I'm a bit envious...

amber buhrley said...

so, I hope your not mad that when I came to pick up the primary lesson I sneeked a peek at your decorations. I totally felt like an intruder, but dang girl...You have a gift! I cant wait to talk to you! I have so much to tell you!

WhiteEyebrows said...

Lovely Linds! You are going all out inside with no outside decor, and I'm going all out outside with no inside decor. Nice to know we can balance each other out.

Can I suggest (for a more vintage feel) "The Carpenter's Christmas"? Make fun if you want, but she has a golden voice.

Brittany said...

Your house looks beautiful! Your always decorate so cute.

We're taking our last trip to Salt Lake, before baby gets here... I have 6 weeks, but Dr. thinks it might be sooner. Then, we will come and show him off, when I'm on my maternity leave. We would love to see you guys and your beautiful home... I can't believe we've never met Ava! She is a doll.

Nadine said...

it looks fantastic. you have a great sense of decorating. i love it. just in case you don't go back to my blog and read the comments, i need your address in idaho. i thought i sent an e mail out to you, but i don't think i have your email address either. ne way...just e mail me at nadine jenkins at hotmail dot com.

About Me said...

Hey Lindsie, Your house looks so cute, I loved all your homemade ornaments. Also I am getting ready to send out Christmas cards and I need your address, so if you could please email it to I would appreciate it. Thanks

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Your house looks awesome Lindzer! I am totally with you on the Josh Groban CD. It is amazing huh?!? Does Michael McLean come to Boise? We are going to Forgotten Carols on the 14th. This weekend my mom and I are going to SLC to see Kurt Bestor. Totally excited about that! I love Christmas!! WOOOOOO!!!

The Grantham Family said...

The title of this post should be called Lindser...MRS. CLAUSE! I have been meaning to comment on your blog 4-ev. (Love the slang?) You put my house to shame girl. Lovin' the decor! NE-way...I decided to make my Christmas cards this year. What was I thinking? I have set up a trap that people are going to expect the home-made card from the Grantham's from now on. Why do I try to be an over achiever? Just let it be....It has been a rough week and we need to catch up girl!

Anonymous said...

Your house is so cute! I love it! What a beautiful wreath for your front door!
M.J didn't get the lights on our house either, but hey, there is always next year!