Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Catching Up!


Well, this may seem like a random collage of pictures, which it kind of is. It is a little bit of everything we have been doing in the past couple of weeks and boy have we been busy. Life has finally slowed down a little and I have a few seconds to post.

A week ago, last Thursday, we loaded up our little family (Me, Josh, Ava, and three puppies) to head down to St. George to visit with family. We got up early Thursday morning and what usually is a nine-hour drive, took us twelve hours! Josh headed over to his mom's house with Ava and the puppies while I was off the musical 42nd Street at Tuacahn with my family. It was a great show! We spent the rest of the weekend spending time with my family, while Josh worked. We had so much fun and ran around like crazy. Josh headed back to Boise on Sunday with the dogs and Ava and I spent the rest of the week in St. George getting together with friends and spending time with my mom. Ava and I went non-stop! We had so many friends to see! It was so nice to visit with all of them and realize that the relationships were still there even though we don't live close by anymore. While I was there I made four trips to Cafe Rio, I can never get sick of that place. My grandpa, aka the Grape, spoiled me rotten, he invited me to the favorite grandchild luncheon at the China Palace and also took me out to the Blue Bunny Icecream Parlor, he sure knows how to treat a girl. It was so great to spend time with him, he sure hold a special place in my heart. Thanks Grape! My dad made it home to spend a couple days with us before we had to head home. My brother and sister and her husband also came down. It was so great to get to spend time with so much of my family. The top two pictures were taken on my camera phone at the Blue Bunny. I love the one of my dad and Ava. I literally took my camera everywhere with me in St. George and never snapped any photos except the one of Ava on the top right. We just never took a second to take a picture, which I am very sad about now. But we sure had a great time and I am missing everyone already. While we were there Ava, my mom, and I all came down with a pretty bad cold. I am not sure who gave it to who, but all I know is that we were all miserable and lacking sleep.

Friday morning, we swung by Bobbie's (Josh's mom) house to pick her up and we were off to catch a flight out of Vegas. I was so excited to have Bobbie coming home with us. Josh sure was excited to see all of his girls. I think he got a little lonely while we were gone and it felt so good to be home. Bobbie spent the weekend with us and spoiled us with homemade beef stew one night and oatmeal every morning. It was so great. It was her first time up here to visit us so it was fun to show her our house, a little bit of Boise and how it all fits into our lives. It was a quick trip but we enjoyed her company. The puppies mauled her to death every chance they got and Ava got a chance to get to know her Grandma Barbie. We were sad to send her home yesterday and the house is seeming so quiet today with it just being Ava and I here.

Both Ava and I are finally starting to feel a little better, but now we are starting from scratch with putting Ava on a schedule. She is not eating or sleeping normal. So hopefully she will get right back on track. I am so sad to say that I don't have a whole lot that I am looking forward to now. I guess I need to start planning the next trip so I can have something to look forward to again. I guess the holidays are coming up and for those of you who know me I do love holidays and I am very party-rific!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

It was so fun seeing you and little Ava! Come again soon!

Also, email me your address and I'll mail you a disk of all the pics I took of Ava. Hopefully next trip she'll feel more up for a photo shoot!

The Grantham Family said...

"party-rific" is a little let down to the freaking festivity queen of decor and Mrs. Clause/spooky streamer and foggy night pumpkin diva that I know! Can't wait to see what you do with that great big green tree in your garage!

Nadine said...

cute pictures. it sounds like you were very busy while you were here. i wish i would have been able to see you guys. sorry you guys got sick, not fun.

Anonymous said...

It was so awesome seeing you two! Ava is an angel and I am quite proud of the fact that I had the magic touch with her that night! I loved every second of it! She smelled so good -- like a baby! I miss it! Love ya and come again soon!

Brittany said...

Wow, wish we could have seen you when you were down here in St.George. Maybe next time!