Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ava's Little Slice of Heaven


My mom has been bugging me to post pictures of Ava's nursery and I decided that it would be a perfect time to blog about it considering that we just moved Ava up to her nursery this past week. Let me just tell you, it was the best thing we have ever done! She is sleeping so well and so are we. The first night was a little rough, for me at least. Ava slept great, I watched the baby monitor all night. After that first night it was smooth sailing and she is doing great. Well, I couldn't get a good picture of the whole room, so I had to do it in sections. You can probably figure out how it fits all together. The door in the bottom left pic, is the door to her room. The closet is to the right of the quilt. As you can see, I have realized that I have a little addiction to buying baby clothes. I am getting it under control though.

I decided to make all of Ava's bedding because I couldn't find anything I loved, it ended up keeping me good and busy while I was pregnant. The quilt was the first project and it took me so long by the time I sewed, undid the sewing, and then resewed almost every step, I also hand-stitched all the ladybugs and sayings on the tan squares (my favorite part) but I sure enjoyed it. The quilt will never be a cuddle quilt, after all that work it will just look cute hanging on the wall. The next project was the bumper pads, a piece of cake. Followed by the crib skirt and I just recently finished the window valance. I also made the four silhouette pictures and the small beginnings sign. My dad helped me build a frame for it when he was up for Ava's blessing and the writing is actually a vinyl sticker, I just had to paint the red and green. It ended up being a little bigger project than I realized, but I love how it turned out. I also have to give a shout out to my baby brother, Drew, for making the little shelf by Ava's crib in shop class and to my sister, Kelcie, for making the cute blanket on the window seat along with two other really cute quilts. I am still working on filling in the cubby holes around the window with decorations. My last few projects for the room are I need to make a window seat cushion, either find or sew some curtains, and put the vinyl sticker ladybugs above the window area. I would also love to find a big, red, oval, braided rug for the floor but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg so I am just taking my time. I would also like to paint a wall red, but I can't get the guts up to paint my nice walls.

It has been so much fun spending time with Ava in her room this past week. It is so nice to finally be using the space that I took so much time preparing for her. The other night we had Ava sitting in the little rocking chair, which was Josh's rocking chair when he was a little kid, and reading books to her out of the basket. She was actually enjoying it! It was so much fun. I can't wait to watch her play in her room someday!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Thanks for posting this Lindzer. Her room is so dang cute. I am for sure going to make all my kids crib bedding. I am glad to know you did Ava's, that way if I have questions I know who to come too!

Anonymous said...

Its so cute lindsie. Don't worry, she won't play in her room that much, she will pull every pot and pan from the cupboard and every canned item from the pantry and play with those. Oh and how many people do you know named lindsay? I am always amazed....

Anonymous said...

That seriously has to be the cutest Nursery I have ever seen! So, when can you come down and decorate my house???

Brittany said...

I love Ava's room, you did a great job! Now, we just need to plan a trip to come see you guys...Hope you guys are doing well.