Tuesday, April 1, 2008

This Ain't No April Fools Joke, People...


...Unfortunately!



Last night Ava and I pulled an all-nighter. After staying up until after midnight watching Prison Break with Josh (that show is almost as addicting as 24), and just getting settled in for a long winter's nap (yes, it still feels like winter up here), Ava decided to wake up. Josh spent the next hour up with her and then she decided to wake me up at 2:00 a.m. I then spent the rest of the night in the guest bed with her. I would finally get her to fall asleep and then ten minutes later she would wake up screaming, this happened all night long.

This morning when I woke up ( I mean decided getting any sleep was a lost cause and dragged myself out of bed) I called the doctor to make an appointment. I knew this had to be more than the pesky cold she has had on and off all winter because nothing has affected her sleep like this before.

Sure enough after a nice long wait at the doctor's office (which seems like eternity when you are exhausted and having to listen to other people's scah-reaming kids) and 10 minutes in with the doctor (5 of which required me to hold Ava down as she was fah-reaking out so the doctor could clean ear wax out of her ears so she could even see if there was an infection) the doctor said Ava had an ear infection.

We picked up her prescription on the way home and now we are hoping this ear infection clears up quickly.

Now I may be a bad mom, but I was not about to take pictures of my child while snot is streaming out of her nose and into her mouth, so I had to improvise. After blacking out the bunny ears (yah, sure you can say that I could have chose a different picture rather than blacking out the ears, but this isn't your sleep-deprived pity party, now is it? So BACK OFF!) leaving the glasses because they were just too dang cute, and drawing snot, tears, and a "back the fetch off" symbol, you can get an idea of what this sweet little baby looks like.

Here's to hoping that tonight is a little more successful than last. Happy April Fool's Day everyone, looks like the joke's on me!

I guess this is just a big, fat "Welcome to Motherhood, Lindsie!"

To that, I don't say anything, I just give it "the bird".

10 comments:

Kristen said...

I freaking loved this post. Loved the picture, loved the complaining. Honestly, I feel the same way you do. I'm sure there are worse things out there, but after I have a sleepless night I really want to complain about it too. I don't think there's anything worse than a sleepless night with a fussy baby. A-freaking-MEN!

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Kristen,
This is coming from the girl who's had to go through more with her sweet little daughter in her first two years of life than I can ever imagine going through in my entire life.

Thanks for understanding, even though, in my eyes, you are amazing!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

You crack me up Lindzer! Poor little Ava and even more poor little Lindsie! I hope things go better tonight! Keep us updated! Also, complain all you need too! hehe :)

krista said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel, since Kelan had an ear infection for over 2 months straight. NOT FUN! Hopefully she gets better quick, and you will get some sleep! BTW, I loved the picture, too funny!

WhiteEyebrows said...

I'm jealous you get to take 'winter naps'. No fair.

Lesley said...

I love this! I am sorry that you got that kind of treatment! I hate when they are sick cause you just have to go on about normal business the next day like you got a full night of sleep. I am so sorry! I would cry too!

Pam said...

Every mom has the right to complain sometimes, especially after a sleepless night. Hope Ava's feeling better and you all are a little more well rested.

Kirsten Brockner said...

Poor Ava... Scarlett has had 4 infections this year. I feel for you. Sleep deprivation is one of those "welcome to mommyhoods" I will never get used to.

THE CROMAR FAMILY said...

hellarious!!!

Shannon said...

Hilarious. This was such a funny post. And the picture gave me a good belly laugh. Sorry you had to go through all that, but it made for an amusing post. So thanks.