Monday, April 28, 2008

A Great Weekend!

This weekend was so awesome! The weather was so great and we didn't have any plans, it was so great...I loved it!
Saturday we spent over 5 hours out in our yard weeding, trimming, mowing, edging, fertilizing, etc. Ava loved spending some time outside. She took a little snooze in her swing and was so happy to be outside playing in the grass and checking things out...until...Josh turned the weedwacker/blower on. She lost it and then was so jumpy at any sound for the rest of the day. We painted her toes for the first time. Her little feet looked so cute!

Sunday the weather was still so great! We decided to go down to a huge, beautiful park downtown. Our friends, the Buhrley's decided to invite themselves and tag along, we were glad they wanted to join us. We fed the ducks for a few minutes and then started walking through the park. This man was there with his birds, (he also has two on his shoulder), It was fun to pet the bird for a minute and then we continued our walk. We ended up at the playground so the Buhrley kids could play for a little bit. The playground was packed, as soon as a swing was available, I ran Ava over to it and we had a blast pushing her on the swing. She loved every minute of it. Make sure to enlarge the collage because her facial expressions in each of the pictures are so great.
We had so much fun at the park yesterday that we decided to plan a family night barbecue there with a few other families tonight. The weather is supposed to be the nicest it has been all year, so I am looking forward to getting out and enjoying it. Ava woke up with a runny nose and really whiney, she is down for a nap and I am hoping she starts feeling better so we can have a fun evening back at the park.

5 comments:

Mindi said...

i am such a sucker for little baby toes--and painted ones?? ohhhhh, even better!!! she is adorable!

The Grantham Family said...

What a great post! I LOVE the pictures of Ava on the swing. Her facial expressions are the best!! So sad we missed out on the park festivities. My kids were soooo grumpy as neither one of them had naps, unless you count the 15 min Dalan dozed off in the car, I don't. Hot dang.

*Aliese* said...

Top Center photo in the swing montage is my favorite. And I, too, am a sucker for baby feet! I love when people polish baby toenails...And put them in some sort of sandal...I must admit, those flip flops are pretty much adorable.

Anonymous said...

Okay I am seriously DYING looking at her cute chubby, painted toes! Sooo cute! What an angel!

Lesley said...

Her toes look great! I need to do Maci's. Maci has those same little sandals and I love them! Little Ava is a babe!