Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ava's First Easter...Part 2

Lindsay e-mailed me the picture of Ava during the Easter Egg Hunt. She was so content just to sit there and take it all in. I can't wait until next year when she can race around with the other kids collecting eggs.
I was so excited to show Ava her Easter Basket. It was filled with bubbles, a pair of shoes, a couple of stuffed bunnies, and a pinwheel that she loved. Honestly though, I think she was more interested in the basket itself.
Ava's little yellow Easter dress looked so pretty on her and what a steal for only $8.00 at Wal-mart. She loves to look at the pretty dresses we put on her each Sunday. She grabs the hem and just stares at it, and her Easter dress was no exception. It was so wrinkled by the time we got around to taking pictures because she was so fascinated with it.

Easter Sunday felt really special this year. It may sound strange, but I think that being able to play Easter Bunny this year really helped me focus on the significance of the day. It just reiterated that it was a special day rather than just any other Sunday. I look forward for years to come when we can take the time to teach Ava about how important the true meaning of Easter is. It was so rewarding to teach our little Primary class on Sunday because these little 7 year olds really understand that Easter Sunday is more about our Savior than the Easter Bunny. I hope I am able to instill that into Ava as she gets older.

8 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

That girl is loving her tongue - huh?!? Her dress is darling and what a steal!

Kirsten Brockner said...

I love the scrapbook pages. Ava looks way cute too! I can't believe you got that dress at Walmart.

Brittany said...

Ava looks adorable, I love the picture on the lawn chair... I can't believe how big she is getting, especially compared to that newborn picture you have of her on your front page...

miranda said...

Nice scrapbook pages. Excited to see you next month so we can see Ava in person!

Travis and Lindsey said...

Ava sure is growing up, I just love all of her cute little faces. I agree with Easter Sunday being a special day since becoming a mom. It seems like all of the holidays we have had with Hali so far are just a lot more meaningful!

Mindy Neal said...

one of my friends gave me a few websites to get backgrounds from some of them are
bloggingbackgrounds.blogspot.com
cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com
matiekay.blogspot.com
Ava looks darling for easter. You do such fun things with her.

Hess Family said...

I love the picture with Ava hangin' out in the chair with her shades. Linds-honestly she is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. I am glad you had a great Easter!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! I just found your site and I am soooo impressed! What beautiful scrapbook pages of little Ava. It looks like you're really living up the "Mommy of the cutest little girl ever thing!" I found your site while I was checking out Lindsay's. I have a family site you're welcome to check out at www.thurgoodfam.com