Monday, April 28, 2008

Quarter of a Century!





On the 22nd I turned 25 years old!!!! Wow, I am getting old. What a day I had...it was seriously so great! It all started bright and early, at 6 a.m, when my sweet friends Jen, Sunny, Lindsay, and Amber arrived at my house to surprise me and take me to breakfast. We had such a great time at breakfast, where Lindsay gave me a cookbook she had made that I am already using and loving and two c.d's, both really good.


All morning I received phone calls and gifts from family and friends. My fabulous sister-in-law brought me Costa Vida for lunch, complete with a key lime pie dessert that was so so good. It was so great to have a care-free day where we could just sit and chit chat for a while.


That evening, a group of friends met up to go to Flatbread Community Oven Pizzaria, the food was great, but the company was even better, we had such a great time and laughed like crazy. Afterward, we went over to the Cromar's for a little birthday cake and icecream cake. Originally when I had started planning this night it was to celebrate Cromar's birthday, which had been a couple weeks earlier. Only after inviting a few people and going to write it on the calendar did I realize that I was planning Cromar's birthday dinner on my birthday. He was kind enough to make it a joint b-day celebration. I was spoiled with gifts: The Cromar's and Buhrley's gave me some great picnic gear and some beautiful flowers. Jenn gave me The Office season 3 DVD's and some delicious homemade goodies. My friend and running partner, Emily, gave me a great running mixed CD that she had made complete with my favorite song to run to "Hero" by Enrique Inglesias, and the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had, really they were amazing! My mother-in-law sent me a book that I am very excited to read, some cute crafty decorations, and a clip for my phone that I am actually more excited about than she probably thought I would be, it was actually the solution to a problem that I had been trying to figure out. Josh was so sweet and gave me $100 and a bank to start saving for the camera that I am dying to get. Hopefully I will be able to get it before my next birthday. I really feel blessed to have met so many wonderful new friends who we love spending time with. Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to make my day a little more special.

8 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Lindzer I suck! I totally knew your birthday was coming up and didn't even check my old calendar! No worries though - I added to to my google calendar and next year you will get a great song over the phone!! hehe :)

Glad you had a great bday!

Anonymous said...

Dibs on the snickers bar

Travis and Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great day and received a lot of great gifts!!

Mindi said...

25??? TWENTY FIVE????? i feel like i should be babysitting you. good thing you are cute enough that i can overlook our gaping age gap....
glad you had a happy birthday! love your "loot" all displayed!!!!

The Grantham Family said...

Holy crap girl! Happy Birthday to you...sppppoooiilllleeedd, and so deserving!

Mindy Neal said...

Happy Birthday Lindsie!! Sounds like you had a fun filled day.

krista said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday! Looks like you had a good one, now you can look forward to your next BIG birthday when you turn 30!

Sunny said...

Thank you for posting the picture of me cupping my own breast. And the one of me licking your face. And the one of me slapping your butt. Happy freaking birthday.