Sunday, April 13, 2008

Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro, Cinco, Cinco, Seis!

Today Josh and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary! Boy how time flies! Actually, I was just telling Josh the other day, it feels like we could have been married for ten years and not in a bad way, just in that I have a hard time remembering what life was like without him.

As we were walking into the grocery store last night, just the two of us holding hands, carrying Ava, it felt strange to think that after six years, it still felt like just the two of us but now with a little baby in tow. I had this feeling of not accomplishing much in six years of marriage. This lead me to start thinking of all the things that have happened in the past six years:

1 Ava

3 puppies

3 houses (1 rented townhouse, 2 owned homes)

2 moves (one in-town St. George move, one to Boise)

1 college degree

I new buisness (technically two if you count adding on to a business)
9 different jobs

5 different cars

Countless new friendships

That's all that is coming to mind right now, but we have created quite a life together. I love that we have had six years to get to know each other and create a life together. It has definitely been a roller coaster ride of a six years but I wouldn't trade it for anything. We are a perfect match and we just proved it last July when we had the cutest kid on the planet, sorry people, it's the truth. Hopefully in the next six years we well bring the second cutest kid on the planet into this world. :)

We didn't do anything too exciting to celebrate. Yesterday we went to PF Changs and topped it off with a little Coldstone. Today was church, followed by an evening of rest and relaxation. We went on a walk with Ava and the puppies. We took Ava to the park for her first go on a swing. She loved every minute of it. We forgot our camera and I am so sad because she was so stinkin' cute. Now we are getting ready to climb into bed to watch a little Dexter (great show for anyone looking for a new one. It is on Showtime I think, or there is an edited version on CBS).

Anyway, Happy Anniversary Babe! Here's to the next 6 years!

I Love You.

And now a few pics for your viewing pleasure:



16 comments:

Nadine said...

first of all...how gorgeous are you? i've always loved your bridal pictures. beautiful. and you forgot to mention the countless callings that the two of you have had. i can't believe it's already been six years. six years ago...you started working at don jose's. oh the memories. and yes..you do have the cutest baby ever.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I can't believe it has been 6 years! Crazy! Crazy to think that we have been friends for 6+ years. Time flies! Are we really that old? Seems like we were just eating lunch at DSC and hanging out! Memories!

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

What a cute post! I know exactly what you mean about the "been together forever feeling!" It's not a bad thing at all. I can't believe M.J and I have only been together seven years because it feels like twenty! It's been so long I couldn't imagine my life without him! So, congrats you too! You are the cutest couple (+ Ava!)

*Aliese* said...

Just so you know, I'm gonna have to agree with you--you do have the cutest baby on the planet!! Then again, I don't have any to rival Ava with yet...But I'm thinkin' Ava definitely takes the cake!...For now...

Cleverley fam said...

Lindsie,
I absolutely love your blog site. I check it often and laugh at your fun personality and view on life. Ava's pictures are so darling I am jealous that this technology wasn't around when my kids were little. You and Josh have the most romantic wedding pictures ever! My all time favorite is the black and white that had your flowers in color. Love it! You are so fun and sweet and adorable and I am so glad that my little brother found such a great wife, which gave me a great sister in law, and Ava a great Mother. Happy Anniversary! Love ya!

Prentiss said...

Happy anniversary! Your wedding pictures are so pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Babe,

I love you so much. I'm so glad that we fit like puzzle pieces. Your the peas to my carrots. The peanut butter to my jelly (belly). I'm so glad to have you in my life too.

Mindi said...

hey!! confession is good for the soul!!! i am glad i flushed you out of the bushes. you are killing me with the digital scrapbooks, though--yet another fabulous layout that i will never be able to duplicate!! nice work--thanks for outing yourself--let's be friends

Pam said...

Happy Anniversary! And I just have to say that you are gorgeous!

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Wow, I ought to post old pictures of me more often. These compliments are good for the self-esteem. Keep 'em coming. This is good motivation to keep losing weight.

Kirsten Brockner said...

congrats on 6 years! Try 10 for us!!! I love the picture of you by yourself.

krista said...

Your wedding pictures are GORGEOUS! Congrats on making it to 6 years!

miranda said...

Congrats! We're on 6 1/2 and counting. It really is unbelievable.

Brittany said...

Congratulations both of you! I remember being at your wedding, the luncheon (your dad giving Josh the bullet)... I also remember one of the first times you hung out was at our house! How crazy?!? I think Pam brought you over... Wow! Lots of memories, and I know you'll have many more!

The Grantham Family said...

And to think...we were lucky enough to be on your very first date together! I have a picture to prove it. Your wedding was so great. I remember it very clearly and too remember the bullet speach by your dadd-i-o! Happy belated anniversh!

Hess Family said...

Yeah...Congrats to the two of you. I cannot believe it has already been that long. It just blows my mind! You guys are a great couple and we are so happy for you two!!