Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tag...I'm it.

I have been tagged quite a few times recently and I am just getting around to doing one. Sorry.

Ten years ago...

I was 14 years old, just started my first actual job. I was the take-out girl at a restaurant in Logan called Kate's Kitchen. I worked there as a waitress until I moved to St. George for college. At 14, I was kind of akward and not totally comfortable in my own skin, I had just had both of my top canine teeth pulled because they were still baby teeth. A week later I had gotten braces with an expander in the roof of my mouth which made it difficult to talk and also caused a very large gap in between my two front teeth (big enough to fit a straw through with out it having to flatten. I was definitely a looker, but boy was I boy crazy!

5 things on my to do list...

1. Laundry
2. Return tables to Grantham's and Cromar's that I borrowed a week ago to host Bunco (sorry guys)
3. Finish putting together two birthday gifts
4. Deliver cookies for visiting teaching that I was supposed to have done on Friday.
5. Go to a rockin' birthday bash tonight! So pumped!

5 snacks I enjoy...

1. oranges (I probably eat one every day)
2. Peanut butter m&m's
3. 98% fat free microwave popcorn mini packs (practically guilt free)
4. Oreo Cakesters: chocolate cookie chocolate filling (don't waste your time with the ones with white filling, they don't even compare)
5. Ritz crackers

5 places I have lived...

1. San Jose, CA
2. Logan, UT
3. North Logan, UT
4. St. George, UT
5. Meridian, ID

What would I do if I suddenly became a billionaire...

I think the questions should be what wouldn't I do.

I would take care of my family and close friends (so you better start sucking up). Travel, shop, invest, donate to charity, open a Cafe Rio in Boise, hire a personal chef, trainer and stylist, and I guess while I am at it I will throw in a little world peace with a side of cure for cancer.

5 jobs I have had...

1. Kate's Kitchen (waitress)
2. Play it Clean Video (basically just watched videos and did homework for $7.00 an hour)
3. Don Jose Mexican Restaurant (waitress)
4. Elementary teacher (3-5 grade)
5. Mom/blog stalker

5 things you don't know about me...

I hate this part, I'm pretty ordinary.

1. I love to organize. My most favorite birthday gift I have ever received was a label maker that gets used very often. I love rubbermaid containers, file folders, and color-coordinating my closet.

2. At 24 years old, I am beginning to get gray hair. It happened while I was pregnant with Ava. I am very sad about this because I don't want to have to keep up on the dye jobs, it's still not too bad right now, but I am just afraid of what having more children will do to it.

3. I have a huge scar (about 8 inches long) on my right hip where I fell on a broken glass mirror and fileted myself open. I was only 5 or 6 years old, but I still remember vividly what it looked like all cut open.

4. I have just started training for a half-marathon. I will be running one in May and again in July. I have always enjoyed running, but have never set a goal with it. Thanks to my great running partner, Emily, for inviting me to do it and encouraging me to push myself. I am very excited to accomplish this goal!

5. I love school! I can't get enough of it and have been really sad that I no longer go to school (I think that is why I loved being a teacher so much). I am anxiously awaiting the day I can go back and start working on my master's degree and someday teaching again. I would also love to take some fun classes like a photography class, cake decorating, calligraphy, etc. I love learning new things, I love school supplies, I love text books, taking notes, and studying. I guess you could call me a nerd.

I tag Cami, Krista, and Brook

6 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Good old Play It Clean! Those were some of the best days of my life... haha :)

You are seriously gonna run a marathon? You are crazy lady! I really don't like running - let alone where I feel like I have to keep up with a million other people. I am way impressed! Keep us informed on your marathons!

Jess said...

I am getting gray hairs too! What's up with that??? Yay for the half marathon...you will love running it!!!

krista said...

That is awesome you are training for a half-marathon, that is something I have always wanted to do, but haven't been motivated enough to do it.
That's funny you worked at Kate's Kitchen in Logan, Jake and I went there when we lived in Logan!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! You are talking to the Queen of gray hair... yeah, I'm 28 and I have sooo many grays. I started when I was 17. Pregnancy will totally do it to you; I really started to gray with Maddox! Join and club and lets go get a weave! :)

Kirsten Brockner said...

I love all the detail!! We have so much in common too. I love to organize and have gray hair also, but I am much older. ha
what's up with your big friend list?

SarahandJD said...

Lindsie-Yes I totally know you and I use to baby sit you while your parents went ot aggie games. Ava is such a cute little girl- YOur blog looks great nad your scrapbooking. I have a lot to learn. Feel free to read our blog. Blogs are such great entertainment for me this winter! take care!!