Monday, September 17, 2007

Beautiful McCall, Idaho


This past weekend was a blast. My older brother, Derek, came to visit us for the first time since we have lived here in Boise. He is a chef in Park City so on Friday, we made him earn his keep. He cooked for about six hours to make us the most delicious pork mole enchiladas, they were so good. Everything was made from scratch! He also made some spanish rice and fresh pico de gallo. I could get used to having cooking that good on a more regular basis. He is welcome up whenever he wants, just bring the cooking gear.

Anyway, we decided to give him a break on Saturday so we drove up to a beatiful lake town in the mountains, named McCall. We had such a great time! Our friends, the Gratham's, came too. It is kind of like an up and coming Park City, so Derek was really interested in seeing what it was all about. We ate at a good pizza/pasta joint and then drove on a road that took us around the whole lake, which is huge! We drove past a ton of cabins and dreamed about someday owning one. I could see myself spending a lot of time up there. It was so beautiful, as you can see from some of the pictures. The top left picture was Derek, Josh, and I goofing around posing for our album cover, pretty lame, I know. The bottom middle picture was the only one I got of Derek holding Ava, I was kind of bummed. He wasn't too sure about her, I think he thought he was going to break her.

Anyway, we had a great time and we were so glad Derek came up to visit. We are hoping we can convince him to come up a little more often.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

So fun and so beautiful! It looks like you guys had a blast!

WhiteEyebrows said...

It looks very beautiful... and I love your album photo. You and Josh look like the clueless drummers though. Did Derek even hold Ava, like in his arms? We need to get him hooked up... he is a very eligible bachelor you know. Both he and Ben. Why do I always get all the family's heat?

Oh yeah, back to the lake... um... very nice. Did you find 2 plots for me and Ryan next to your plot? Do they accept good feelings as payment?

Anonymous said...

I've been to McCall and it is so nice! Seriously, if my family wasn't here I would love to live in Idaho. It's so beautiful and undiscovered! We are going to be up in Rexburg for the temple open house; we should bring Pam and Scott along and meet up for sure!

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Derek did hold Ava for a few minutes, he was pretty nervous though. It was cute. He is a totally eligible bachelor, what's his problem? The only thing I can afford in McCall is probably a port-a-potty on the road so I will see if there are three together and let you know what the down payemnt is.

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Beckie, heck yes you should. We are also planning on heading over the the temple open house we should try to coordinate and go at the same time. It would be a blast.