Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Shout Out to All You Mothers....

I have finally made it to motherhood, if you're not counting the puppies. When, Josh asked me last night how this Mother's Day felt, being a mother for the first time, it made me realize that I am one lucky mom. I looked down at a sleeping Ava nestled in my arms, and couldn't help to feel overwhelmingly blessed for the opportunity I have to be a mother, her mother. I love that little girl so much, she has brought so much joy into my life and a greater love into my life than I could have ever imagined, and can't wait to fill my home with more children, and more love. (Oh, maybe I can wait a little while longer.)

Mother's Day has always held a different meaning up until this year. Usually, I spend the day thinking about the mother's in my life, which I continue to do this year too. First of all, I have a really great mom, who is a really great grandma, too! Lately, I talk to her nearly every day, which has helped so much with her living so far away. Thanks mom for being such a great mom and being a source of constant support in my life. I can always count on you for a shoulder to lean on, or complain too, and of course always a really good laugh. Can't wait to get together in a month or so for a whole week!!!!!

And then there is this sweet mom, I inherited upon marrying Josh. My sweet mother-in-law Bobbie, or as I have recently started referring to her as, Grandma Barbie (a story for another day). This women is one of the most loving, gentle, relaxing women I have ever met. She brings a sense of calm into every room she enters. I so miss living close to her and seeing her more often than we have. I miss walking into her cozy home and hearing relaxing music playing in the background. This woman gives the most amazing massages I have ever had and to this day I would still prefer one from her over a "professional". They are always so much better because she gives them with love. Bobbie, we sure do miss you and hope to plan a trip to St. George to visit this summer. To all the moms in my life, moms, grandmas, aunts, sisters, sisters-in-law, cousins, friends, Happy Mother's Day. Each one of you has influenced me in preparing me to become a mother. Thank you for your examples and your love. Being a mother has been the best experience ever. I hope you all have a great day~

10 comments:

Hess Family said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! You are such a cute mom and Ava is one lucky girl to have you. Thanks for being such a great friend!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

WhiteEyebrows said...

"[I] can't wait to fill my home with more children, and more love."

Is that an announcement?

For reals, I am so glad you are a mother, too. You are a special gal.

Cleverley fam said...

Lindsie,
You are amazing and have blessed our families lives in so many ways. I am so happy that my baby brother found you. Your blog made me cry because it is so full of love. You are such a sweet mother and Ava is one lucky, adorable, little princess. Happy Mothers Day to one of the most amazing Moms I know. Love you!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Lindzer -

This post made me laugh and tear a little. It still makes me laugh to think how nervous you were to be a mother. You for sure thought you weren't going to want to stay home and be a mommy! Look at you now?!? You are the bestest mom and loving it! I can't wait to see little Ava again! What a cutie she is! Happy belated Mothers Day!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how you did on your very first mother's day as a mother. Did Ava Mae remember to get you a gift? Did you happen to think of Grandma R. yesterday. I sure did. I am glad it was wonderful. Did josh fix you a special mother's day meal? Welcome to the ranks of the mother's day recipients.

Mar said...

Hi there. I'm Prentiss's neighbor and just started blogging. I love your blog. My sister in Virginia has a daughter named Ava too. She is 5, blonde, blue-eyed and full of spunk. I am a teacher too....taught Kinder, 1st and 2nd. Didn't mean to bug you. Just wanted to say Hi!

Amberlee said...

Such a sweet post! Hope you had a great mothers day. Your little Ava is such a cutie and super lucky to have you as her mom.

amber buhrley said...

wow, I didnt realize I was so behind on my blog reading. Or...maybe its just you are a way better blogger then me! Cute last couple of posts! Dang-Im gonna miss ya!

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

Happy Mothers day Linds. I am so glad that you are a mommy now and that are girls are so close in age. I with Sam am also wondering if that was an announcement!

Prentiss said...

Happy Mother's day! Loved your pictures!