Monday, May 19, 2008

Mission....Accomplished!

Over three months of hard work and dedication finally paid off last Saturday. The big race day finally arrived! My sweet friend Emily and I ran our first half marathon...in 90 degree heat! It was so hard...much harder than I had mentally prepared myself for, but we did it! We even made it in under two hours and thirty minutes which was our goal. We are looking forward to running another one on July 12th.

This is Emily who I like to refer to as "the glass half full to my glass half empty". She is a little ray of sunshine and I have had so much fun running with her the past few months. I couldn't have asked for a better partner and friend. We ran the entire race together and I had the best time.
Amber and Cathy also ran on Saturday. They ran the 10K and both did great. Amber decided at 6:45 the night before the race that she wanted to run it. We raced down to sign her up. I was so impressed because the most she had ran before the race was 4 miles. She ran the entire 10K which is over 6 miles! It was so fun to share this day with these women and a few others that happened to run a lot faster than us and didn't make it into the pics.



I think I have caught the running bug and plan on doing many more races in the years to come, but nothing will ever compare to the very first!

17 comments:

Jess said...

Wow! That is so awesome!!! I ran one in Jan. and it is really hard mentally! Great job!!

*Aliese* said...

Wow! That's fantastic! I've always secretly wanted to be able to say I ran a 10K or a marathon or something...I'm seriously lacking in the Internal Motivation Department though.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Wow lady you are amazing! I have not a bit of a desire to run in a marathon! I just don't understand it! I am way impressed and proud of you though! That is amazing! Great job!

Nadine said...

good job linds...that's a huge accomplishment.

Lesley said...

Yea! I am so excited for you! I meant to give you a good luck banner on my blog but didn't get to it before I left town. I am so happy! You look great! Can't wait to hear about more races.

Charise said...

What an accomplishment! I'm not a runner, any type of race is amazing to me! Keep it up!

Mindi said...

congrats!!! that is quite an accomplishment--olypics next??

take it easy, you deserve it!

WhiteEyebrows said...

wow. congratulations to my cuz! You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

that is so great. Keep the good work. You have inspired me to do something I am not sure what it is yet.

krista said...

Too bad it had to be 90 degrees that day huh? I'm sure that didn't make it any easier. Great job though, maybe one day I'll join you!

Cleverley fam said...

Good Job Linds! You are so amazing. I am so proud of you. I am so not a runner and it makes me that much more amazed that you set out to do this and accomplished your goal. I think you are just thinking of new ways to make all of us other mothers look bad. haha JK! You are just so good at everything you put your mind to doing. I am so happy for you and proud of you!

Brittany said...

Linds that is so awesome... you know I'm getting ready to just do a 5k, your amazing!!! It would be fun to find a race in the middle of both of us and run together...

Prentiss said...

That is so exciting! You did great!

Travis and Lindsey said...

Way to go, I am very impressed. I really have no desire to run a marathon or half. So I look up to people like you who do it! Great job!

Pam said...

Way to go! Anyone who runs farther than the distance from your front door to your mailbox is a hero in my book!

Hess Family said...

I must admit Linds I am very impressed! My friends keep asking me to run some races with them but I really don't like running that much. I do my 3.5 miles and I am good. That really is awesome though. I am proud of you!!!!!

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

What a women. You are amazing Linds. Keep it up.