Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Summer Vacation...by Lindsie McDaniel

We really don't have anything too exciting planned this summer in the way of vacation, so hitting up Northern Utah last weekend was quite a treat.

Thursday we headed down to Lehi to stay with my sister, Kelcie, and her husband, Kevin, and their sweet puppy Loucie. We stayed in their beautiful new home that was so comfortable. That night we met my older brother, Derek, in SLC at The Pie for some delicious pizza and great conversation. Thanks so much for letting us stay. We had a great time and can't wait to come back in a couple of months.

This picture was not from last weekend, thank goodness, the weather was actually really nice.

The next morning we headed up to Odgen to spend the rest of the weekend with Josh's brother and his wife, Jason and Callie. On the way up we stopped at the new love of my life, IKEA. It was everything I had heard it would be and so much more. There was this delicious rumor going around (courtesy of my bff/fifth cousin Lindsy) that at the end of the experience, after checking out, a little snack shack waited in the midst where you could purchase a warm and tasty cinnamon roll for only $1, and I mean $1. You hand them the dollar they hand you a slice of baked good heaven, no tax, no nothin'. I was not disappointed, the cinnamon roll was delish! We even got a six pack-to-go for the weekend ahead.


But, the trip only continued to get better. Upon arriving in Ogden we headed straight to "The Most Magical Place on Earth"

How did I ever convince myself, in less than two years of living in Boise, that Costa Vida even compared to Cafe Rio. (Please, please, please, someone with lots of money come open a Cafe Rio in Boise, I promise to personally give you enough business for it to be worth it.) I was quickly brought back down to earth as I devoured the most delicious chicken salad ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was heaven, and to top it off with a diet dr. pepper and a spicy cinnamon mint. How could life get better?

Oh, I know.....

Having it again for lunch the next day! Same thing, just as good.

We had a great weekend with Jason and Callie. I was able to take off for a couple of hours by myself to hit up Tai Pan. It was so much fun to just wander around for a couple of hours without a care in the world. I brought home a few little goodies.

Overall, it was a great weekend, and it just continued to get better once we got home. Only minutes after arriving home we were invited by our great friends/neighbors, the Burhley's over for a delicious Sunday meal. The weather has been beautiful, we have been having fun get-togethers with friends. It has made it so much fun and so easy to come home to our regular lives.

8 comments:

Mindi said...

why is it that cafe rio makes all of our worlds go round??? seriously scary.

looks like fun--glad you had a good time!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! It sounds a lot more relaxing then mine! hehe :)

You need to plan a vaca down here this summer. If early summer doesn't work, then maybe the 1st of August to meet little Nathan?!? I think... YES! hehe :)

Also, no comment on my post about the Sex and the City movie? Who are you and how did I ever call you a friend?!? haha j/k! Love ya!

The Grantham Family said...

LOVED the storyline...I felt like I was right there on your trip with you guys!

Um, hello I thought you guys were working on the whole Cafe Rio thing. Don't let me down.

Cleverley fam said...

Linds,
That really sounds like my kind of weekend! I have been to the Tai Pan in Ogden and it was so incredible and huge. I guess I will have to make a stop at IKEA next time. I'm so glad you had fun!
Love ya,
Nantalie

*Aliese* said...

Oh, I do love Tai Pan! I've been going to the one in the West Jordan/Sandy area for awhile since it's down the street from my parents and I was so excited St. George FINALLY go one! I have yet to experience IKEA in it's full form but one day it'll happen...One day...

Brittany said...

Isn't Ikea awesome? Sounds like you guys had a great time...

krista said...

Hmmmmm.....you really think Cafe Rio is that much better than Costa Vida? Maybe I have forgotten since it has been so long since I've been to Cafe Rio!
I agree with you on Ikea, it's the best! I'm going there this weekend & I'm SO excited! Did you go to RodWorks? That's my fav place.
Glad you guys had a fun trip!

Mindy Neal said...

I can't believe you came to utah and didn't stop to see cami or I. Just kidding!! It looks like you had a great weekend