Wednesday, May 7, 2008

She's Done it Again....

She's turned another month older!
I swear I was just making her 9 month page and now she is already 10!
I love this little girl so much. She just makes my day so much fun. She is really finding her personality and can be so silly with all the faces she pulls and she is always laughing.
We had her evaluation done on Monday to see if she qualifies for physical and occupational therapy through the Infant and Toddler Program here in Idaho. Sure enough she more than qualified and we will begin weekly therapy sessions within the next week or so. The therapist said she has low muscle tone which means that physical activities are more work for her and she gets tired quicker than someone with normal muscle tone. This explains why she hasn't been hitting her milestones within the normal range.
We are very optimisitic that with a little therapy under her belt she will start to catch up to where she should be pretty quickly.
Luckily, this doesn't make her any less cute because, dang, I can't get enough of this sweet little nugget.
Happy 10th months, Ava!
P.S. I doubt we are going to Red Robin tonight to celebrate because our trip last weekend was a little bit more of a splurge than we were thinking considering that gas is so outrageous right now! Darnit!




14 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

She is getting so old and I love it! The closer she gets to 12 months the sooner Nathan is here! woohoo!

*Aliese* said...

Since you don't get to go to Red Robin, you should be creative with your own gourmet hamburgers! I've eperienced some success.

Kristen said...

She is so cute. I can't believe she's 10 months old either.

And don't stress about the whole milestones thing. With Kate, I was so worried about her doing everything "on time". After she did it all way fast (she was walking at 9 months), I kinda regretted it because then she didn't seem like a baby to me anymore, she grew up way too fast. I'm sure therapy will be awesome with her though! You'll have to keep us posted :)

The Grantham Family said...

Crazy that she is already 10 months old...she really is such a good baby. You are one lucky mama, even if she is a little "special!" We LOVE that little tot, aka "nugget" and one day she will be playing with the Grantham kids and they will corrupt her and bring her down. You enjoy her while she is so angelic and innocent!

Prentiss said...

She is so beautiful!

Mindi said...

what a little doll!! and who the crap makes scrapbook pages that look like that???
you're killing me here...

Nadine said...

i love your scrapbook pages. i need to learn how to do it. maybe next time you're in st george, you can teach me. shes a cutie. i love her to bits.

Mindy Neal said...

Ava is so darling. Where did you get that paper. I need some serious lessons on how to digital scrapbook!!

Lesley said...

My niece was exactly the same way and did therapy too! She is doing awesome now and they are so glad they did it. Ava is such a cute little babe...I just want to squeeze and kiss her!

Dalton Family said...

I know it goes so quick! Your doing it right though, enjoying every minute!

Julie Freeman said...

Awesome page and I love your pictures! You are so talented! She is gorgeous! Love it

Travis and Lindsey said...

As always she is adorable! My cousin had low muscle tone as well. She didn't crawl until she was over a year, and walking took her a while too. Now she is almost five and you would never know. She did therapy, and it worked great for her. Keep us updated on how it goes.

About Me said...

I can't believe our girls are only a couple months from turning one!! she is adorable and good luck in therapy!

Sunny said...

Lindsie,

Don't sweat it- I have extremely low muscle tone and extremely high fat deposits and I'm gettin' to the fridge and the donut shop just fine.