Friday, November 2, 2007

A Must Have!




Ok, so I just have to blog about this artwork that I saw in the Deseret Book catalog I just got in the mail. I have always wanted a picture of the temple in my home, but have just never found a picture, painting, anything that I liked. Well these pictures are absolutely beautiful and I love the frame around them. Right now at Deseret book they are 50% off making them $220, kind of pricey but well worth it, maybe a great Christmas gift. The Salt Lake one is my favorite, but we will probably get the Logan one because that is where we were married, and I also put the St. George one on because I know that most of you that read my blog are from there. Anyway, just thought I would share. The artists name is John Raymond and if you want to look at more of his artwork go to this link:
However, the artwork is not 50% off on this website, only at Deseret Book.
Okay, and actually after looking at the website a little longer, I think he takes other artists' artwork and changes it to the vintage look. I don't know and I don't really care because I love it!


7 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I have this picture already picked out for our house!! NO JOKE! I saw it like a year ago and Deseret Book. I wanted to buy it there and then, but decided to wait until we got in our house. I seriously have the catalog of this series in my dresser drawer!

Love it!

Jess said...

That is so funny! I was just looking at those pictures today, and thought they were beautiful!! One day, when we have money...I am buying one of those!!!!

amber buhrley said...

hey we have one of the LA temple in our bedroom. So rad huh! Actually the guy who makes them is from my home ward growing up. My parents actually bought their families old house. His dad was my bishop. So random!
Glad you love them because I think they are the coolest!
Amber

WhiteEyebrows said...

Me no likey the antique look to it. Would rather have a bright watercolor/impressionist take on the temple.. but good luck getting any artwork from this church that isn't hyper-photo-realistic.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these! I fell in love with the landscape take on the temples. I think these are pretty unique compared to other temple artwork! Not a bad price for a beautiful artwork and frame! Framing is usually so expensive!

Nadine said...

i was lusting them too when i saw them. i want. did you see the one of the sacred grove?

Charise said...

Hey Lindsie It is so good to hear from you! I'm glad you found my blog- now we can keep in touch! Teaching is great! I hope being a mom is great too, I'll be at that point some day! And I added you to my blog too! :)