Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Ava's Blessing Day


This past weekend was a great one. We blessed Ava on Sunday so we had lots of family in town. My mom and dad came and brought Drew and my Nana Sue. My sister, Kelcie, and her husband, Kevin, also came up. They got here Friday so we were able to spend some time as a family Friday evening and Saturday. It was a lot of fun just pretty much doing nothing. Sunday, we were up and at um pretty early. We have 9:00 church and I have quickly realized that I need to allow at least two hours to get myself and Ava ready and fed to be on time. So it was an early morning. It was a neat feeling in the house that morning, that with so many people in it, it was so quiet and reverent.

The blessing was so nice, Josh did an incredible job, I was a wreck. The blessing was beautiful and so fitting for our sweet little girl. She was a perfect angel throughout the whole blessing and throughout the meeting. We came home to a house full of people with some big appetites. So we had a little brunch and then people started leaving pretty quickly. It was wierd to go from a full house of people back down to just Josh, Ava, and I. But we are adjusting to the quiet and getting back into a routine. Thanks to everyone who came and made this weekend so much fun and the blessing so special.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I wish I could have been their Linzer! You all look beautiful!