Friday, August 15, 2008

Deep Thoughts by Lindsie McDaniel...

It's been an emotional week in the McDaniel household this week. We've had some real highs and some real lows this week and truthfully, I am exhausted. We were able to spend an unexpected day together as a family on Monday as we made the last minute decision to head down to Twin Falls for the temple open house. It was amazing! After we went to Shoshone Falls which was incredible! I felt so blessed that day as I spent an unexpected day with Josh and Ava I am so lucky to have an amazing family! We've also had some unexpected lemons thrown our way and yesterday morning was the peak of feeling down. I was having a really hard time getting started for the day and was struggling to keep it all together. It just feels like sometimes when you finally feel like you are getting really good at juggling all those responsibilities, the littlest setback can bring you right back down to reality. Anyway, I was feeding Ava yesterday morning and really going through a mental battle of whether or not I was going to drop the ball and ditch out on all responsibilities for the day or just pick myself up and deal, when I looked over at the table next to me and noticed a plaque that has sat on that table for the entire two years we have been in this house and we even had it in our old house before we moved.
and for the first time in...who knows how long... I started to read it.
I must have loved the saying on this plaque when I bought it, otherwise, I'm sure I wouldn't have purchased it. I sit next to it three times a day as I feed Ava and I dust it at least once a week, but as I read it yesterday morning, I didn't recognize what it said, it had been so long, it was like I was reading it for the first time...so sad, especially when I needed to hear it so much.
Just in case you can't read it:
Family
Is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union the circle grows.
Every joy shared adds more love,
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger.
This was the epitome of my week. I have felt amazing joy this week, but amazing stress and sadness. I so easily cling to my family when facing joy, but when facing a "crisis" ( I don't think I would take it that far, but you get the picture) I tend to let it weaken us rather than make us stronger. I am thankful that I have such an amazing family, and an amazing husband to lean on. I know that we can make it through anything.
I'm proud to say that I did pull it together yesterday, accomplishing all that I had set out to and it ended up being a really good day.

12 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

Oh... we love you! You are loved. Feel the love! We would love to hear about your trials and successes in more detail over on that other site... :)

YFC,
WhiteEyebrows

Dalton Family said...

I love that plaque too! Your such a cute girl!

Kristin Wilkerson said...

Thanks for this post Lindsie I really like it! I hope things are going good!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Sorry you had a rough week, but way to keep your perspective though. I can't wait to see your little family when you come down. I especially can't wait for my little Nathan to meet his future wife Ava! She is so dang cute!

Travis and Lindsey said...

That is a really neat quote and good for you for pulling it together! By the way I feel exactly the same way about the whole ending to the Twilight series; I couldn't have said it better. Travis and I were laughing so hard at the t-shirts you found - they are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

We all have them. Crappy weeks, set backs, disappointments and discouragements. The ups and teh downs. When I was going through psycho-neighbor I said "Why is this happening?" and W.E. said "It's your turn." And it's so true there is no special reason lots of times for the things we go through, sometimes that's just life. Life just isn't easy sometimes. So anyway, know we love you and are thinking of you often, and want more details... on that other site :) Ang

Mindi said...

i hope you are dealing with things okay! know that your "blogging buddies" all have your back and that there's lots of love for you!

{hugs to you}

Brittany said...

Lindsie, I'm glad things got better... You know the saying "when it rains, it pours"...but, it's awesome to have a great support like you hubbie to lean on! Hang in there...

amber buhrley said...

You're awesome! I totally know what you mean and I am so glad you were able to get through it! I will call you for strength next time I have one of those days!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing post. It's really easy to get down on ourselves, isn't it? Thank you for sharing that quote. We all need reminders from time to time, don't we? Your such an amazing Mom!

Prentiss said...

Hope you are doing okay! I love that plaque.

Denna said...

Lindsie! I'm glad you found my blog and left a comment. Your blog is so cute - I wish I was as creative as you. Thanks for your comments on this post - It makes me feel like maybe I'm not the only one, as at 4:00pm yesterday I was still in my work-out clothes from 6:00 that morning! The olympics are sucking the life out of me - I'm an addict and can't seem to get much else accomplished. Thanks to you, I'm going to go attack my girls' room and ignore the men's indoor volleyball match I have recorded. Thanks Lindsie!