Saturday, February 16, 2008

I {HEART} My Family!



We had a really great Valentines Day. I decided to Heart Attack Josh's office. So the night before Valentines Day, I told him I had a cooking class and went and decorated his office. I thought it turned out really cute. The next morning, I woke up to flowers, a People magazine, and a really cute card. I acted like I was upset because we talked about not doing anything for each other. Then I set out a plate of Josh's favorite Hotess powdered donuts with raspberry filling with a little chocolate heart on top and a quick homemade card. He must have really enjoyed it if you notice the plate in the picture. So I think I made him think that was all I did. I could hardly wait for him to get to his office. He was so surprised! I made him a little basket of his favorite goodies and I scrapbooked some coupons as well. I was so proud of myself that I was able to keep it a secret, even though I about gave it away a few times on accident, luckily I was able to catch myself before I said any incriminating evidence.
Ava was our cute little Valentine this year. She got a cute little Valentine's day bib with a little rattle attached to it from us and her first actually Valentine with delish candy from our cute little neighbor, Eliza.
We met up for a Linner (lunch/dinner) at On the Border and then went to the movie Spiderwick. We ended the evening with a little chocolate fondue at the Grantham's house. It was one of our best Valentine's days yet!

5 comments:

Dalton Family said...

It sounds like you had a great time. I totally believe efforts like that make such a difference in marriages. You guys are so cute!

Lesley said...

What a good idea! You two are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Good for you guys! I'm so glad you had a great Valentines! This year was crazy busy, so unfortunely it passed both of us by until the weekend. Great ideas from both of you!

WhiteEyebrows said...

I'm not sure I could ever be so thoughtful. If my wife told me not to do anything for a holiday, I probably wouldn't... :\

Travis and Lindsey said...

Looks like you had a great day! I just have to say I LOVE all of your scrapbook pages! I am just getting into it, but mine look nothing like yours. Keep putting them up I just love looking at them!