Saturday, February 23, 2008

Team McDaniel: Tools of Destruction



These pictures are actually about a month old, but my friend Krista took them and e-mailed them to me so I thought I would post about this way fun night. About a month ago our ward had a date night. We debated whether or not to go because Josh had just gotten home at 2:00 that morning from a week in Kentucky, but we decided to go and were so glad we did.
We were supposed to dress up matching so about half an hour before it started I started making these shirts. I was just going to put Team McDaniel on the front and then each person's first name on the back, but when Josh got home he had his input and we ended up doing a picture or a joystick, a deck of uno cards, and two dice with the words Tools of Destruction underneath. I am sad that I didn't get a picture of the back because it was pretty funny. We had to take Ava with us because we decided so last minute, plus she is such an easy baby to take places, so she had to be matching to, I think her matching onesie was a hit. She was pretty good, especially for how late it was and only got a little upset when people were yelling a little. Why were they yelling...
...because the date night was a game night (now the back of our t-shirts makes a little more sense) and boy was it intense! There were 4 or 5 games set up around one half of the cultural hall, pictionary, catch phrase, apples to apples, etc. and on the other half of the gym consisted of 6 or 7 t.v.s set up with Wii. In the middle of it all were three tables with great appetizers, sandwiches, and desserts. Well we got a friendly game of husbands vs. wives Pictionary going which quickly turned into the Pictionary game of the century! The women weren't very happy about being behind and possibly losing so we kept recruiting more couples over to play so the game wouldn't end and we wouldn't officially lose. Well the game ended in a huge upset... a huge upset group of women that is... when we just couldn't pull of the win, and of course the men could't help but gloat.
It was such a blast though and made us realize that we shouldn't be waiting for a ward activity to plan a fun game night for us, but that we need to be taking turns planning one just as friends more often considering that the majority of people playing Pictionary at the beginning that night were the four or five couples that live on our street that we hang out with often, even though it turned into half of the ward by the end of the game. It was a really fun night with a really great turnout and I think we would all love to do it again.

13 comments:

The Grantham Family said...

I love that you just pulled it out a half hour before show time. You make me sick with how freakin' crafty you are. That night was pretty fun and the t-shirts were definitely a hit!

Lesley said...

so fun!

amber buhrley said...

That is a great picture of all of you! You look beautiful. What a fun night! We definitely need to do it again!

THE CROMAR FAMILY said...

Cromar and I are still fighting over who really won Pictionary! Will you wear your shirts next time we have a game night?

Travis and Lindsey said...

What a fun ward activity! I will definitely be passing on the idea. You made those shirts a half hour before? Now that is impressive!

*Aliese* said...

That sounds like so much fun! Seriously...I think the church does so many more amazing social gatherings OUTSIDE the state of Utah. Youre matching Ts are definitely my favorite part!

Pam said...

I'm sorry we missed it. We never seem to make it to ward parties for some reason or another. JD and I would have loved to get in on that game of Pictionary though. :)

Charise said...

Linds, I will for sure let you know next time she does a class. She even does some online- its pretty cool. So if you want her email just let me know! She could give you more info.

krista said...

We may just have to try harder to make it to the next ward party, looks like you guys had fun. I thought they were just playing Wii, so I was SOOO not interested in going, but now I'm feeling like we really missed out!
Cute shirts by the way!!

WhiteEyebrows said...

I want to play!

Pictionary, huh? that's a good game idea for my FHE activity.

The Grantham Family said...

Love the new header on your blogger! Okay...I am convinced and ready to learn how to go digital. When can we set up a teaching time?

Shannon said...

You look so gorgeous in that picture. Anyway, when you were describing the back of the shirt I kept scrolling up to the picture and getting super frustrated. I don't have my contacts in so I can't see very well, and I was thinking the picture was on the front and I was just to blind to see. If only I had read on because your next sentence said you were sad you didn't get a picture of the back. Wow. I thought I'd gone crazy. But what a fun night - Sam and I will have to convince the young couples in our ward to do that.

Kirsten Brockner said...

I guess you have to approve me for comments! This is a great picture of you all. I need to make my non-social husband come next time.