Thursday, July 26, 2007

Three Pups and a Baby


Everyone was pretty worried how our puppies would react to having Ava around. We were a little nervous too. We sent a blanket that had Ava's scent on it home with the McDaniel's, who were watching our dogs while we were at the hospital, in hopes that they would start getting used to her. Well, much to our surprise, all three of the dogs have been really great. Buster pretty much just ignores her. He has always been my little baby so I think he is definitely having the hardest time, but more and more he has started paying attention to her and has even licked her a few times. We were just so relieved that he didn't try to nip at her. Sophie is totally in love with Ava. We have to watch her the closest because she loves to lick her and sometimes is a little overbearing. Lola has been the most surprising of the three. She has turned into a little mom. She gives Ava the tiniest kisses and really keep a close eye on her. She is very gentle with her. I think after having her home for two weeks, all three of the pups are really starting to adjust.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Scott Dana said...

I'm glad to hear the dogs are doing so well! I wondered about that! Ava is so precious! I CAN'T WAIT TO HOLD HER!!!

Scott Dana said...

P.S. This is Pam again!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love your baby and the puppies!! The one of Buster and Ava....Bus is in total bliss! What a great blog site!! I love all the photos! Grandma Bobbie