Friday, July 20, 2007

The Best Daddy Ever!



Well, it was bound to happen, Josh McDaniel has become a dad! Did you ever think it would happen, I don't think he did. But of course, he is a natural. We took a bunch of classes to get ready for Ava and good thing I took him along because I don't remember very much from any of them and Josh seems to be an endless well of baby knowledge. He is the one that gave Ava the first bath at home, in fact he has given her all of her baths and I am just the assistant. I think he had actually changed way more diapers than me too, but with him going back to work this past week I am finally catching up. He has even perfected swaddling Ava.


Josh was great to sleep on the uncomfortable chair bed in the hospital room every night that we were there and he even gave it a run sleeping without his precious ear plugs, but I have noticed that they have conveniently appeared in his ears the past few nights. He has already come up with a few nicknames for Ava, the lastest being Aves. I am so excited to watch him with her as she grows up and is able to respond to him a little bit more.

3 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

It doesn't surprise me one bit that Josh is an amazing father! I've seen him with those dogs the last 5 years!! hehe :) I'm sure you are amazing too! Little Ava is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!

Nadine said...

she is so cute. i want a girl now! i'm so happy for you guys! when will you be bringing her to sg so we can meet her?

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

I am not sure when we are going to be able to make it down. I am trying to figure it out, but I am afraid that it will be at least a couple of months. We have got a lot going on in the next two months.