Thursday, June 25, 2009

with Terrible Twos comes Exciting News!

So...it's been a while. I have a couple of excuses, but truthfully, they are probably just excuses. I'll go ahead and use them anyway.



Excuse #1...Ava has been making up for lost time. Remember our sweet little girl...she hit the terrible twos and HARD! Some days I think either she or I will not make it through the day alive.




This is a fit she was throwing because I wouldn't let her play with my cell phone. She is really good at calling people, and lets just say that my service plan does not include international phone calls.

This is Ava trying to make herself throw up...just for fun, to see if I will give her my phone. NOT A CHANCE! I am learning to play hard ball.


Did you spot Excuse #2 in the pictures above?

If not, maybe you can figure it out from the following picture...


And if you are not quite functioning at full capacity today and still didn't figure it out, let me spell it out for you...

Baby #2 is on the way and hopefully making an appearance on or before December 16th and let me tell you, this tiny little creature has not been very nice. I have been sick, tired, and experiencing nearly daily migraines. I am finally starting to enjoy life again.

Hopefully, come December, the naughty little princess will realize the world no longer revolves around her.

Here's to hoping!

18 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Congratulations! Ava will be an adorable big sister. :) I can't believe how grown up she's getting. I also can't believe the mess she made in your house! What a cute little stinker.

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

Congrats on the new addition. I'm sorry you've been so sick, but I'm glad that you're finally starting to feel a little bit better. Good luck with the terrible twos thing; I can definitely empathize with you.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

YEY for finally posting about this! I'm excited to find out what your going to have! I'm gonna be calling you tomorrow! So, ANSWER! haha :)

Shannon said...

Wow...at least when you're MIA for a while you reward us all with a plethora of posts upon your return! Congratulations on baby number two - that is really exciting. Although I'm sorry to hear (it?) made you so sick, but I'm glad you're feeling better. Your little Ava is the cutest thing ever and I loved all the pictures of her - especially the one where she's trying to vomit. Hilarious. What a fun family. Good luck with everything!

MamaMags said...

Congrats! And as the mother of a December 16 baby, you go girl! Lindsay would love to share the woes of a December birthday with another December/I get birthday cheated/buddy.You definitely have your work cut out for you,with your #1 princess. I loved the comment about not having any international phone minutes...you are too funny. If your sense of humor is this good when you feel like crap, you will make it through the terrible two's with ease. Good luck with the new one, and be sure to post what "it" is.

shel said...

Congratulations, McDaniel Family!! I thought I heard this news, but I've learned not to say ANYTHING until I hear it from the mom! I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better.

I have to say, I love all the pictures of Ava...she is a real child after all - you know she has always been too good to be true! Now we see some of her spunk!! Good luck with that.

B and J said...

Congratulations! Such a cute way to announce it, Hope you are doing well and good luck with the big sister.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on your impending arrival! This is exciting news as I am working up the courage to do the same thing.

Julie Freeman said...

Yeah for you! Congratulations - I can't wait to see the next little McDaniel!

Auna Leigh said...

Love it! Congrats! Sorry you've been sick. Do't worry though, I will come back home and nurse you back to health! That's right baby, August 22nd! Do I smell another White Trash Bunco Retreat!?
Can I get a Whoo, whoo!?

Pam said...

congrats! and if you think the two's are bad, just wait for the threes. sorry, but I'm just giving it to you straight.

Kristin Wilkerson said...

Congrats! I am way happy for you that is so awesome. Your pictures made me laugh.

Lesley said...

Yea! Congrats! She will be better soon!

Hess Family said...

Yeah!!! Congrats, Congrats!! I am so excited for you but I am so sorry that you have felt so crummy! I know she might be a pain in your butt but she sure is cute!!

krista said...

that is so exciting! ava is just about the cutest girl EVER, so i can't wait to see the new addition. hope you're feeling better!

The Grantham Family said...

Lately I have become obsessed with blogging again. I don't know why! I keep tuning in hoping for a birthday post of Ava turning 2. Come on, don't let me down. And what happened to all your cute digital scrapbooking pages. Are you like me and super far behind that it is just overwhelming? Wait until this #2 babe rocks your world!

Chris said...

Congrats I feel like we havent chatted with you guys in forever. Can you have josh call me I don't know if I have his number. 435-705-1214..Thanks and once again congrats babies are in the air it seems

Bromleys said...

I'm so excited for you guys. Two kids make princesses calm down a little... after they stop punching the new one in the face. Don't freak out that may just be my kids. Congrats woman!