Friday, July 24, 2009

It's A...

I am behind on posting...again. I still need to post about the 4th of July and Ava's 2nd birthday, but first things first...

On Wednesday, we found out that we are having a baby boy! It was an exciting day! We were so anxious as we waited to find out if everything looked okay and to find out if it was a boy a girl. Then we were so relieved to hear that everything looked perfect, and surprised as we heard "It looks like a boy...here's the 'part'." We were immediately excited, but also a little sad as we realized it wasn't a girl...not because we weren't excited we were having a boy, but because once we learned it was a boy, it couldn't be a girl and we had been entertaining both possibilities all along. Does that make any sense?

We have a name in mind, but we still aren't set, so we will keep it to ourselves right now. We have a lot of decisions to make, room changes, decorating a nursery, buying lots of boy stuff, etc. It is an exciting time!

12 comments:

shel said...

I am SUPER excited for you!!!
How great that you get to experience the {joy?} of a crazy little boy! It's just the best to have one of each right away...yay for your cute family!!! Enjoy going crazy with the shopping.

By the way, I know EXACTLY what you mean about feeling a little disappointed when you heard the news. I knew I wasn't having twins my second time around, but once I found out it was a boy, I wanted to CRY. Not because of the boy, but I just felt like I would miss not having a girl around, too. (And then, of course, I felt a little guilty :)

Kim said...

Oh I am excited for you! Congrats!!! I love my girls...but man I love my boy!!! Every mom needs a little boy!!!

Amberlee said...

I am happy to see a post!!! Not that I am any better though. I am so excited for you guys. Boys are so much fun and EASY, at least right now anyway. Ava will love having a little bro. Keep us posted on everything. Make sure to post some pics of the nursery and when your ready, I would love to hear the name you guys have picked. Hope you have been feeling well during this pregnancy.

WhiteEyebrows said...

your mom isn't keeping it to HER self, though... :)

just thought you'd want to know.. :)

*Aliese* said...

WooHoo! Congratulations--one of each is perfect!

The Grantham Family said...

I am super excited for you! There is something special about a little boy. AND it is so much easier to get out the door...no hair to comb, no purse or baby doll to grab, and make sure you stock up on Red Bull for energy! Congrats!!

Auna Leigh said...

Wohoo! I am so excited for you! Boys are so cool!

Krissy said...

Hooray a boy! Congrats!! Love the pics of Ava throwing her fit...I happen to have one at home going through the exact same thing!!

Kirsten Brockner said...

WAY to go!! One of each is awesome. Can't wait to see more posts:)

Bromleys said...

You are going to have so much fun! I like the combo of girl then boy. Of course that's because that's my combo, but it's nice to have a little mommy to help and then a little cowboy to entertain you. I don't know what I'm saying any more... Congratulations!

Hess Family said...

HOORAY!!! I am so excited for you!! Little boys are so much fun. How did you luck out?? One boy and one girl! Congrats, that is so exciting!

Brittany said...

Lucky girl! Boys are awesome, you're going to love it. I'm so happy for all of you...