Monday, September 29, 2008

I'd like to thank the Academy...

I never win anything... no really, I think the last time I "won" something was when Josh and I were first married. We went and sat through a three hour TrendWest time share presentation...death trap... all so we could win a little mini vaca. We sat through the whole thing and endured being passed around to and accosted by multiple "timeshare professionals" only to find out you had to be 21 to cash in on the big trip, I was 19.

I left with a consolation Butterfinger.

So, you can imagine my surprise when my name popped up as the winner of Jessica's Pay It Forward Giveaway. I was so excited! Talk about hitting the jackpot, she was giving away some dang cute stuff. I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this package since I found out I had won...and today it came!

and all of this was inside!
I love it all, but this was definitely my favorite. It is a homemade book that Ava is still too young for, but I am excited to have it and make one that I can begin using now, and then I will have this one for when she starts school.
Each year you can fill in the info and then use the pocket that it is glued to to save special things from that year. Isn't that a cute idea?! Great Christmas gift idea...
Thanks so much Jess, I am looking forward to paying it forward now.

Stay tuned to see what I will be giving away.

Now that I have hit a lucky streak, maybe I will have a chance at winning one of Mindi's superfantastic blog giveaways. This one just ended, but I am sure another one is just around the corner. If you've never read her blog, just reading it will make you feel like you have hit the jackpot. Check it out, just don't compete with me on the giveaways...now that I am on a roll, you won't even have a chance.

3 comments:

Nadine said...

that book is such a cute idea. i'm gonna steal it. and i love ava's army crawl. she's so cute.

Mindi said...

hey--you are putting positive thoughts out there in the universe--it's gonna happen!!

congrats on winning that awesome stuff. sorry about you having to sit thru the dreaded timeshare presentation. i would rather eat my own arm.

krista said...

Hey it looks like we have both had a lucky streak lately. Cute stuff you got!