Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our Newest Addition!

He's almost a week old...
Where has the time gone!
Dexter Joshua surprised us by popping by to say hello on Thanksgiving Day.
He reminded us that we have so much to be thankful for.
He is PERFECT and we are TOTALLY in love!
A quick run down of the events...for those who wanted to know.
Wednesday night my water broke, not a gush just some trickling.
We went to the hospital around 1:30 a.m. Thanksgiving day.
They had us walk around the labor and delivery unit from 2:30 a.m. to 3:30 a.m. to see if contractions would start on there own...BRUTAL! I'm so not a night person.
Then we were able to "sleep" until 6:30 a.m. when they started me on pitocin.
I didn't have to feel very many bad contractions before they were offering me an epidural.
After receiving the epidural I progressed very quickly.
After 45 minutes of pushing, Dexter arrived posterior...and perfect.
He arrived at 1:05 p.m.
Weighing in at 7 lbs. 1 oz. and 19 inches long...and perfect.
Ava met her baby brother later that night, but she was more interested in showing off for the nursing staff than meeting Dexter. She has been very sweet with him, especially when nobody is looking.
Josh did the honors of Dexter's first bath at home. He is a pro. Parenting comes naturally to him, at least it does for one of us.

We are enjoying every minute of our time with our new little family member. We are already having a hard time remembering what life ever felt like without him.

We love him so much and...he's perfect.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! He is so perfect! I am in love with his hair! Enjoy!

Catherine said...

He is perfect! Soooo handsome. I couldn't be happier for you, Lindsie!

PS) I'm pretty sure you had the cutest kitty on the block at Halloween time. ;)

Sara said...

he is so cute! i love how much hair he has :)

WhiteEyebrows said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Love the pictures of ava looking into the nursery. I'm so happy for you guys!

Jess said...

Oh my goodness! He is so beautiful! Congrats!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

What a little stud! Congrats again lady!

Kristen said...

Unless Thanksgiving doesn't fall on his birthday that year... duh. Haha

Congrats again!

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh, he's adorable! Congratulations! Looks like birthday cake will forever be on the Thanksgiving menu, eh?

Brady, Brook, Ellie, & Cooper said...

Congrats he is such a little cutie. If Ava is anything like Ellie she will just ignore him til he can start to move around:)

*Aliese* said...

Aw, I love the first collage of photos where Dexter looks all tiny and cuddly! But--I must say--my fave is the one of Ava peaking through the window at him. That's frame-worthy. Congrats on your new little guy!

Sunny said...

I love the picture of him asleep on his tummy and he's got that little half smile. Why is he so amazing? I love that little guy.

The pics of Josh are pretty tender. You can tell he's totally in love with his new little man.

We love you guys. And we're only a little disappointed you decided to keep him instead of giving him to us. Maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

Well another beautiful baby, to say the lest. keep them coming, especially when they are this good looking. I know you must have some proud parents and i know of at least one super proud great grand mother. congrats to all of you and how lucky he is to have such a beautiful big sister. what a doll she is. by the way, this is you great aunt sheila in az.

shel said...

LINDSIE!!!!!!

What a fun surprise!
He IS perfect...wow!...love the pictures. Congratulations to all of you! And hope you are feeling good.

Kim said...

OH my goodness!!! He is adorable!!! Big congrats to you guys!!! I am thinking you need to let me take some pictures of that little man!!! Seriously!

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

Congrat he is a cutie i am excited to meet him in person. I like the pic of Ava looking in the nursery too I will have to have taylor get one like that of Lydia when our baby comes.

Krissy said...

CONGRATS!!! He is adorable!

Brittany said...

We're so happy for you guys. Congratulations!

jaesi said...

Oh my heavens!!! Your little guy (whos name rocks) is so beautiful!
way to make beautiful babies!

krista said...

i knew he would be so cute, but he is really really perfect. i hope you are feeling well and adjusting to having a new little man ruling the house!