Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat

She ruled the neighborhood last night...and to think it was her first time out on the streets trick or treating. You never would have guessed. While we were waiting for our friends to come over and join us, she decided to take herself to a few houses. Then, when our friends showed up, Ava decided to show them the ropes. She was a pro the rest of the night and in complete heaven, out with the big kids. She had quite the basket full by the end of the night and even treated herself to an Almond Joy...wrapper and all!

It was everything I was hoping it would be and more. She has become quite independent which is so fun to watch, but also hurts my heart a little more than I would like to admit. She has changed so much in the past year and now I know what they mean when they say, they grow up right before your eyes. After Ava went to bed last night, Josh and I looked at pictures from last Halloween, comparing them to this year and we hardly recognized our little girl, she has grown up so much! I guess this is part of being a parent, and I probably ought to get used to it. Dangit.

3 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

OMG you are alive! It's amazing!

Ava looks so perfect in her little outfit! I love it! Glad you guys had a great Halloween!

*Aliese* said...

She looks awesome! I can't even believe how much she's grown. I bet kids make holidays way more fun (even if it's a bit depressing to watch them grow up).

Brittany said...

I like the Halloween pictures... how are you feeling? Get some new pics and posts on here, girlie!