Monday, December 15, 2008

When Holiday Parties get Ugly...

Last weekend Josh and I hosted our first holiday party...our first ugly holiday sweater holiday party. It was a blast! I was not disappointed, we had a few couples really go all out which made the night, but everyone joined in on the fun. We had invited nearly twenty couples in hopes that half would come. Were we ever surprised when all but 4 couples decided to join us.

We had to squeeze to all fit, but it felt cozy and friendly and really great! It was great to have a house full of people sharing in a little bit of crazy Christmas cheer. Some of the sweaters were horribly disgusting. My personal fav, John, the man wearing the sweater that appears to be woven out of a Navajo rug!

We ate, we determined the winner of the ugliest holiday sweater (I think he was paying people off) and he won the "creepiest holiday pin" (wish I had a pictures it said "official mistletoe tester), we played games...or at least tried, we had a white elephant gift exchange, I was the proud recipient of a holiday decor piece personalized with "The Stangers"...p.s. we are "The McDaniels". Josh and I gave away "his and her" ugly holiday sweater vests. My favorite gift, a pair of Scooby boxers that said "Naughty is Nicer" (they went perfect with Cromar's outfit). We had many a good laugh over the "interesting" gifts people came up with.


The yummy food, pictures taken half way through because I forgot to do it before. The food was so great!



We are looking forward to hosting our second Ugly Holiday Sweater Holiday Party next year. I have a few ideas up my sleeve to make next years party even better and even more of what I wanted it to be. I even think next year, Josh and I will be sporting homemade ugly sweaters. Just saying.

8 comments:

About Me said...

We just had an ugly sweater themed bunko night, but looks like you guys had such a blast. Are u going to be down south during any of the holidays???

krista said...

hilarious!

Matt said...

I will start looking now for the one sweater to rule them all to be debuted after we move back! Seriously, those pics make me want to drop out and join the crew again. But I'm 1/4 of the way there... must.. go .. on....

Auna Leigh said...

seriously... still wasn't as fun as my white trash bunco night! Miss you all! Idaho Falls sucks! j/k Hope you have a craptastic holiday! ;)

The Grantham Family said...

Thanks for my "special" pictures. I look hot! You are a good friend. Jerk!

Kristin Wilkerson said...

Those pictures are funny. I have heard of those parties before sounds like fun!

Amberlee said...

I was waiting for this post. Looks like you guys had so much fun. Your the best party planner. How do you do it?

Anonymous said...

Brynna thought all the sweaters were sooo beautiful. You guys are very creative. It looks like you had a blast!! We miss you, and hope you had a great holiday.
Mitzi