Friday, November 14, 2008

A Month of Firsts

We have had an exciting month so far...lots of new things happening in our family!


Let's Begin...

This may not look like a big deal, but trust me, it is. This is Ava holding her own cup, something she has never done before until a few weeks ago. Now she does it like a natural!

but it gets even better...



Now she is doing this too! Feeding herself, just about anything! She has been feeding herself a few things for a while now, like toast and crackers. Now she will do it all and she has learned how to put small things in her mouth too! She refuses to use the pointer finger (sensory issues) but the middle finger and thumb do the trick. She is one happy little girl and so am I. I can now put a meal down on her tray and she will feed herself, and the dogs, the entire thing. Life is so good!



8 comments:

Lesley said...

Yea Ava! What a little cutie!

Pam said...

Seriously, she has got to be the cutest thing ever!

Hess Family said...

I am so glad Ava is doing so well. She honestly is so cute!! You definitely have had a lot going on this month with your cute little fam!!!

Denna said...

It's amazing the little things you take for granted. She's doing great and you're an amazing mom. I love the family fun Saturday thing! We're either running to basketball games or I'm making the kids scrub their bathrooms on Saturdays. I think Emilee would trade me for "Sister McDaniel" in a heartbeat...she worships you!

Dalton Family said...

I am impressed. My 2 1/2 year old still likes me to hold him with a sippy cup at night. And he is my third. Some nights I am feeling irratated than others I am glad he is still me baby. Ava is so cute!

Kirsten Brockner said...

That is so great! I love the crawl with the toy in her mouth. Very exciting as a parent to see her develop. I love her curls. Where does she get them?

Brittany said...

Yay! I am so happy for her progress. Way to go Ava!

Anonymous said...

I'm a totally bad friend so I haven't had a chance to check blogs for awhile and.... YOUR AVA IS SO BIG! I can't believe how much she has grown lately! What a little doll. Those eyes are killer... good luck trying to punish her when she is naughty! I don't think I could with her face to precious!