Saturday, February 27, 2010

3 months Old


Most mom's:

"Already? Really? Where has the time gone? My baby's growing up too fast!"



Lindsie:

"It's about freakin' time!"



I'm not a huge fan of the newborn. Sure he was sweet and new and precious. But he wasn't sleeping well, eating well, or pooping well. I like it once they are a little more adjusted and the stress of ruining them for life let's up a little.


He now sleeps through the night, 10 p.m. to 7 or 8 a.m. most nights. He eats. He loves food like a fat boy loves cake...or a fat baby loves formula. As for the pooping, it's coming out regularly...a blessing and a curse.


He just took his first road trip down to St. George to visit family and friends and did so great! We even left him and Ava with my parents and sister for a couple days while Josh and I headed down to Vegas to celebrate Josh turning 30. They did great and we loved the short break.

We're loving this little guy. He's starting to get really fun. He loves to smile and coo and we all sit around like a bunch of crazies trying to get him to talk to us.


I guess we'll keep him.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

That's hilarious! When we were teenagers, my sister used to say, "You know how you're good with preschoolers and I'm good with newborns...What the heck are you going to do once you have a newborn?" That was just her opinion. Really, I did fine with a newborn, but it's true, it's SO nice once they're sleeping better and eating less!

Dexter is such a cutie, Lindsie. He makes me want to have another one. And I'm so happy to hear you and Josh had a nice little get-away. I'm a big fan of get-aways. I always come back a nicer mommy. ;)

Auna Leigh said...

how sweet! i love the pictures! congrats on the good sleeps! wooh, wooh!

amber buhrley said...

Thank you for posting! I love seeing pictures of your cute kiddos! I laughed really really hard at your most moms comment. You have such a way.

Hess Family said...

He is so sweet!! I can not believe he is that old already! He is absolutely adorable. It is always a plus when they finally figure out the sleeping thing.

krista said...

he is so adorable! life definitely gets easier the older they get!

Wendy McD said...

OH MY HECK this is the cutest site EVER!!! Lindsie (and Josh) you guys are SOOO creative and talented!!!! I LOVE these pictures of your awesome cute family!!! Little Dexter is a TOTAL mini me Josh. He looks just like Josh did when he was a baby!!! Man, brings back memories when I used to babysit him at this age. I love seeing your family grow!!!